View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2010, 06:37 PM
Whats so good about Sky HD? They rang me yday and as ive been a customer for more than 5 years they are going to give me a HD box, install it for free, pay for the first 3 mths subscription charge of £10 then ill have to pay the other monthly paymenst of an extra £10. I dont know if i would like this deal or not. Im so confused lol
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2010, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by valandra View Post
Whats so good about Sky HD? They rang me yday and as ive been a customer for more than 5 years they are going to give me a HD box, install it for free, pay for the first 3 mths subscription charge of £10 then ill have to pay the other monthly paymenst of an extra £10. I dont know if i would like this deal or not. Im so confused lol
Good luck to you, can't go wrong with that! You're lucky only because you didn't already have one HD box, for those who do/did then we couldn't have it free!

I will want to hear from you when you start getting that "£10" extra charge though..... I strongly suspect you might be surprised on that one! They tell lots of porkies at Sky ya know!

I suppose you peops do know about those magic eyes? You can set up any other tv in the house with one of those with your main Sky unit, BUT, of course although you can control it with the remote, it also changes on the main tv if you change channels somewhere else, that's the only downfall, but I have one in the kitchen rather than having yet another multi-room, but it's linked to the bedroom HD box, so when I change channels in the kitchen it doesn't matter coz I'm not in the bedroom (I can't be in two places at the same time, unfortunately!!!! ). They're worth every penny those magic eyes, only about £15/£20 max.
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2010, 08:15 PM
i already have sky+ and think its fab, best thing since sliced bread. But i jus dnt knw if im prepared to pay the extra 10 a mth wen i culd get the movie channels on lol. We also have the magic eyes, there brill. I jus dnt see what the big deal is abt hd n blu ray
AshMan
Dogsey Senior
Male 

09-06-2010, 09:43 AM
i already have sky+ and think its fab, best thing since sliced bread. But i jus dnt knw if im prepared to pay the extra 10 a mth wen i culd get the movie channels on lol. We also have the magic eyes, there brill. I jus dnt see what the big deal is abt hd n blu ray
do you have a HD tv?? if not forget about sky hd
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2010, 09:48 PM
yeah well that's what they told me £10 extra a month & so it was a shock when they charged us an extra £50!!
Anyway it's all sorted now & they've promised it will only be £10 extra from now on & I got my refund today.
I love the HD - They have had to change the beginning of Corrie because it's gone HD & it was really obvious that the bridge was cardboard in HD They have also had to make Liz mcDonald's clothes more conservative because her nipples show too much in HD & also the plastic food in Roys was really obvious
I got all this info from the News of The World (reliable source eh!)
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2010, 07:53 PM
I love HD. The trouble is all the other channels look pants now!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2010, 08:02 PM
Lol at Liz McDonald there!!!

Well I've just got my latest bank statement, and considering I now only have two HD units, I don't have Movies anymore, just a basic package of the normal rubbish, I'm paying £53 now that it's all settled down coz it's been two months like that now, but that seems an oddball price at £26.50 per unit to me? They should give you a 2nd unit at half the price of the 1st imo!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2010, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post

Well I've just got my latest bank statement, and considering I now only have two HD units, I don't have Movies anymore, just a basic package of the normal rubbish, I'm paying £53 now that it's all settled down coz it's been two months like that now, but that seems an oddball price at £26.50 per unit to me? They should give you a 2nd unit at half the price of the 1st imo!
That's not bad - gonna keep an eye on mine as we have 1 HD downstairs & 1 sky plus upstairs, plus another 2 sky boxes upstairs which they just watch freesat from (I don't think we have to pay for that)
So it's £69 a month at the moment - I will cancel the movie channels soon - nobody ever watches them, but keep the sports channels & see if that reduces it a bit.
Although we clubbed together & bought hub the new tv we decided 42inch was big enough, I now wish I'd got 50 inch & put it on the wall
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2010, 11:46 AM
See they initially told me that I might as well have the movies because that extra £10 a month would sort of cover it, as the Movies would come free It doesn't take much to confuse me, so I opted for cancelling them coz we had them on 3 units and none of us watched them.

Yes, you should have got the 50", I've got 42" on the bedroom wall and Dave has his 50" in the lounge, and it's coming up 2 years this Christmas where he has to buy a new "computer" for his garage business, so that'll be another tv then, God knows what we'll have this time, maybe a 60"!!!! Even this 50 looks small now we're used to it!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-06-2010, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post

You only pay for the package once so it would be whatever package you opt for + £10 for HD and £10 for each multi room.
We have a HD tetrabyte box in the lounge, a HD in one bedroom and a sky + in another, we have movies and sports in addition to the family pack and that lot + phone and broadband comes in at £79.00
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >