Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2009, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by heavensent View Post
shona, there is no basis for her fears, as I say she has never even seen him yet!! She had a dream she says that a rottie mauls her daughter, dont know if this is just an excuse...she was going to put her house on the market and everything till her hubby told her to stop being so daft and come and speak to us

tbh, it sounds like the woman has a few problems. Thinking of putting her house on the market, over a dream I'd say there are other issues here The Hubby sounds okay. Perhaps you ought to have a chat with him. Might get more sense out of him, perhaps
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2009, 08:15 PM
Honestly...... some people!

How sad that she feels this way.

Obviously NOT a dog person, then?
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2009, 08:17 PM
shona, there is no basis for her fears, as I say she has never even seen him yet!! She had a dream she says that a rottie mauls her daughter, dont know if this is just an excuse...she was going to put her house on the market and everything till her hubby told her to stop being so daft and come and speak to us
she sounds a bit silly, lets face it, a bloody dream, the womans a fruiter,

If she has no real reason for her concerns, then there is nothing you can do about it,

does her kid play with yours? if so tell her thats fine the kids can play at hers all the time, untill she has another dream where your does his lassie bit.
heavensent
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-04-2009, 08:17 PM
no, and she admits that she is not an animal person which is a bit of a bummer living next to us with 2 dogs and 2 cats...
heavensent
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-04-2009, 08:18 PM
no, we dont have any dealings with her kids and mine mixing..two different age groups..we keep ourselves to ourselves and dont bother anyone
heavensent
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-04-2009, 08:19 PM
shona, did you get my pm that I sent you last night?
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-04-2009, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
he ment " hes heard the kids can just turn" lol thats johns humour for ya
Yep, made me laugh,

She had a dream she says that a rottie mauls her daughter, dont know if this is just an excuse...she was going to put her house on the market and everything till her hubby told her to stop being so daft and come and speak to us
OMG another media slave, it makes me so angry that people can't think for themselves. It looks like it's down to you to educate her about dogs, I hope you are able to do this or she might turn into a real problem in the future. Good luck.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2009, 08:30 PM
shona, did you get my pm that I sent you last night?

nope hun, didnt get it... send it again, x......sorry just looked and its there, will go and read it xx
Boxer Boy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-04-2009, 08:52 PM
I think we dog people do ourselves no favours by dismissing public concern about certain breeds, and I can fully understand the lady's worries, however ill founded they may be.

I have long believed dog licenses should be reintroduced, but not in the old style. I believe people should have to prove their suitability and competence to qualify for a license to own specific breeds.

Applied properly this would limit the number of dogs getting into the wrong hands and generate public confidence in dog owners.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2009, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Boxer Boy View Post
I think we dog people do ourselves no favours by dismissing public concern about certain breeds, and I can fully understand the lady's worries, however ill founded they may be.

I have long believed dog licenses should be reintroduced, but not in the old style. I believe people should have to prove their suitability and competence to qualify for a license to own specific breeds.

Applied properly this would limit the number of dogs getting into the wrong hands and generate public confidence in dog owners.
anyone on here who has came for a walk with me and my rotties will be the first to tell you, I truely understand the public concerns,

but this woman is just being a tad silly,

if she had any real worrys, eg the dog barking or running at the fence when she passed, then I would have taken if far more seriously.
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »