View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2016, 10:38 AM
Tumbledweed I have trained an afghan she belonged to my sister who also had a springer spaniel. We have had several at classes to. Mora we were talking about Shoreham in years gone by yesterday as if I remember you lived there at the post office? Hope your appointment goes well. Bfn.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2016, 11:02 AM
Yes Brenda, a very traumatic time in my life and yet I loved Shoreham and majority of its lovely people that I came in touch with. Just a shame that outsiders came in and changed my whole life.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2016, 11:23 AM
Hello everyone,
Been for breakfast with my friend then came straight home, am at work soon, am lucky as they are brilliant people and great support. Am going to get in touch with the consultant as I'm in pain again this morning and it doesn't seem to be easing. In fact it's my actual hip that's really hurting today, rather than my whole leg. Will let you know how I get on. I'm fed up of feeling like I'm moaning all the time. So I am sorry.
Right will see if I can get through today
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2016, 11:30 AM
Oh Mandy, do feel for you, there is nothing like nagging pain to pull you down, hope you are able to get some further assistance from your consultant.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2016, 11:47 AM
Good afternoon

Sorry you are still in pain Mandy perhaps call to your consultant is in order.

Hope your appointment comes through soon Moyra

I think it depends on the Afghan Brenda. One of mine wouldn't do anything she didn't see as worthwhile to her and another you could walk off lead and her recall was wonderful. She even did a bit of agility but preferred to sit on top of the A frame rather than run up and down, she used to sit surveying her surrounds and then come down when she was ready Caused a great deal of laughter and fortunately we were only doing it for fun.

Hope you managed to get into town early and park where you wanted Nippy. I expect your journey into Toorquay might have involved a carvery

Hop the bone run is a great success this week June.

Enjoy your chat with your Aunt Griff.

Conservatory is finished and windows cleaned and hoovered out now still waiting for the chap from the conservatory firm to come and then I will put the furniture back in place. It is lovely and sunny here so it would be nice to be able to sit in it. Will have a rest for a day and then start on stripping the fireplace in the lounge and see how that looks before deciding to paint or leave.

Have a good day and stay safe.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-05-2016, 12:58 PM
Back from the bone run, not as many as was inferred, there is a bag of chicken carcasses though, so not all bad.
Feels really cold out with a strong wind, car was showing 14 degrees, no idea where that came from as it feels pretty wintery to me. Plan was to do a bit in the garden as the forecast was better than it actually is. May do something, will bag and freeze bones, carcasses etc, clean yard and kennels, put fresh shavings down and see how I feel then.
Mabs hates training, doesn't even want to get out of the car, clings to me all the time in class, her stay is non existent.Yet when we are out she is totally reliable, good recall, doesn't put a foot wrong, even tells Zen off if she doesn't come back quickly enough. Training classes is not for everyone, just like people.
I don't think the wet cold weather is helping Mandy, we need a bit of sunshine and a long dry spell and I think you'll benefit from it and be in less pain.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2016, 01:59 PM
Just got a follow up appointment with the consultant following the biopsy but seeing as I haven't got a date for that yet I think they are somewhat jumping the gun. Have been onto the hospital because my letter went elsewhere and if the person who received it hadn't been waiting on a cheque I am sure she would not have followed through with my letter. I am going to have to complain to the Post Office about their new postman, of questionable English ability because we do not know where our post is disappearing to!

Get the impression get shot of my mail and then I can go home! As long as it is posted somewhere.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-05-2016, 02:58 PM
Thats both you and Sue isn't it Moyra. Will try and remember to ask son if and when he comes over what you can do about it. Very lucky here in the village, postman (Tony) is local and is great at making sure he leaves parcels with neighbours or where they can be found, always cheerful and chatty
Had a major clean up outside, the constant rain makes it difficult to keep everywhere how I would like it, but they've got fresh shavings, bleached and disinfected yard, rubber mats that I can pull out have also been cleaned and put back. Some meat scraps with the bones have been distributed, like feeding the lions, and they've pigs ears for tea
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-05-2016, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
All she wanted to do was push her products through B.H. inc. business.
Hello tumbleweed, I sort of remember her when a kid, could you expand on the "B.H. inc." business, it sounds like an American company (The 'inc.' bit) and who or what was B.H.

As you say probably wise not to go into too much detail, it was a long time ago, just intrigued by the 'inc.' thing.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2016, 04:08 PM
Sue I had a border collie a bit like that, if she fancied some training she would but if she didn't well forget it. She was a delight to have though. Miss her. But then I miss them all for varying reasons.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >