Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-06-2011, 05:06 PM

Birthday Ideas

It's Cookie's birthday next week (well this is when we celebrate it as we really have no idea). He will be 7! Can't believe it. Anyway just wanted some suggestions for birthday presents, cake recipes or anything else.
What does everyone do for their pups birthday?

Seems Cookie has so many toys I'm stuggling to find some that he will like but wont destroy in 5 mins. We have original kongs, kong frisbee, kong balls (wont touch), kong wobbler, kong wubba tugga, kong wet wubba (i think its called) and probably more. Any other good toys which would stand up against a powerful staffy cross? He doesn't like the rubber balls and things, he only empties his kong he doesn't play with it or want to carry it round empty again I guess he just doesn't like the material.
Tennis balls, soft toys etc he believe the aim is to destroy. Usually a tennis ball lasts until its in his mouth and the part where the ball is joined just breaks, soft toys a bit longer, and if he is supervised and only as a special play much longer, but he just want to plays tug of war with them. He doesn't like nylabones either. Such a fussy dog. Any birthday ideas?
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2011, 05:14 PM
happy birthday Cookie when it comes! hopefully we will get some birthday pics!

Well The Fantastic foam ball isnt like the harder rubber (or rubber at all) and it has lasted Loui a good while so far and looks like it will last for AGES, also the Orbi Tuff ball on a rope would be a good one.

I know you said that he isnt keen on the rubber ones but these are a little different though you wouldnt be able to leave them with him alone if he is a destroyer!

Loui loves raw pork bones just now so maybe that would be a good birthday pressie?

Or you could bake a liver cake and then he has special training treats?

or kong air squeakers (they dont have that join that snaps when they hold dow on them) but these would probably still only last his one day lol
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-06-2011, 06:35 PM
I have seen the orbee balls but thought he would just destroy them, but since it is his birthday I will give them a try. The fantastic foam ball looks good, and sounds like it would last atleast a little while with him. Shall see if I can find one on a website I trust. Might have to also try one of the kong air if they are made different, I do love the kong toys.

We are going to the butchers on Saturday to pick up some bones for him, and baking him a liver cake and cheese bites. Shall see if I can take some into class for everyone and get some pics there, since we have class on his birthday! But he loves it so I don't feel too bad making him go.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2011, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by SarahJade View Post
I have seen the orbee balls but thought he would just destroy them, but since it is his birthday I will give them a try. The fantastic foam ball looks good, and sounds like it would last atleast a little while with him. Shall see if I can find one on a website I trust. Might have to also try one of the kong air if they are made different, I do love the kong toys.

We are going to the butchers on Saturday to pick up some bones for him, and baking him a liver cake and cheese bites. Shall see if I can take some into class for everyone and get some pics there, since we have class on his birthday! But he loves it so I don't feel too bad making him go.
hmm, I had to go to school on my birthday too
traininglines is a good site and I got great service when I got FFB's but I dont think they ad the Orbee's (Helena54 on here will be able to tell you that though, think zooplus might have them?)

Here's some stuff on FFB thread that Smokeybear started http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=144985&page=7
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2011, 07:26 PM
This thread has some birthday cake recipes and idea

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=131396
kirsty1978
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-06-2011, 07:29 PM
my staffie loves her stagbar
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2011, 08:38 PM
oh, or new bedding n stuff?
(loui likes to have a blanket so he actually does like getting them - honest!)

or a puzzle toy? like Nina Ottosen type..

or a book of clicker training or tricks to start using with the cheesy bites and liver cake?

sorry, just a few more ideas!