Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2011, 01:28 AM

New breed/s being shown at Crufts

I was told earlier this week that Poodle crosses were being shown at Crufts as a new breed & were "proper" breed/s

When i politely explained they were not purebreeds but crossbreeds & therefore were not elligible for purebreed classes in dog shows never mind Crufts, i was basically told that i was completely wrong because their friend breeds Poodle x pups & they said it was a fact.

Very politely & reasonably i explained the difference, however i am not 100% sure it registered

The sad part is, the people breeding these pups are of the belief that they are breeding a "new" breed
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2011, 07:25 AM
oh dear! They obviously don't realise that even some recognised purebred dogs cannot be shown at Crufts, never mind crossbreeds that have no fixed type. One born every minute!
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2011, 07:34 AM
Maybe they are confused and said dog was at Crufts for one of the activities that happen during that time, like agility or obedience.
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2011, 07:39 AM
I suppose they could be eligible for Scrufts!
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2011, 07:41 AM
Hmmm I'm not the shiniest button in the box , but even I know that a X dog can't be 'shown' in dogshows..

When they say poodle x what exactly are the crossing it with? or is that me asking a silly question lol
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2011, 08:28 AM
Heard about Floodles the other day (sigh)
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2011, 09:01 AM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
Maybe they are confused and said dog was at Crufts for one of the activities that happen during that time, like agility or obedience.
No, they genuinely believe they are doing something that is right as their "14-year old" read it on the web
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2011, 09:05 AM
Originally Posted by Rubster View Post
Hmmm I'm not the shiniest button in the box , but even I know that a X dog can't be 'shown' in dogshows..

When they say poodle x what exactly are the crossing it with? or is that me asking a silly question lol
Their other dog - P. JR
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2011, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
I was told earlier this week that Poodle crosses were being shown at Crufts as a new breed & were "proper" breed/s................
One of the "newest"breeds that is shown at Crufts is the Cesky Terrier & that was developed 60 years before the KC recognized it(Scottish terrier x Sealyham)

If a breed is recognized by the KC & isn't on the Import Register then it can be shown at Crufts if the "breed"isn't included on the schedule on the link then it isn't shown at Crufts.

Mongrels & Crossbreeds can compete at Crufts, but only in the Activities or the"Scrufts"show which is for non pedigree/breed dogs i understand
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2011, 11:48 AM
Wasn't it a Poodle cross that won friends for life this year.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >