Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2011, 01:30 PM

Vet bed or blanket?

which is better?
Iv never used vetbed as it seems really expensive, so i just have their normal beds and blankets.

Iv got a new car and fitted a barjo guard and tailgate and was wondering what would be a good padding for them to lay on when travelling.
I have also bought a hatchbag, as reccomended. So the bedding/blanket will be for over that, on the floor of the boot.

Gemma doesnt travel very well at the moment, so the bedding would need to be something that can be washed easily and will be tough and durable.

Any ideas? x
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2011, 01:34 PM
Vet bed is more hygienic (get the Gold one) and best with a non slip back for putting on the hatchbag!

It lets moisture through, unlike blankets, and wicks away moisture from the skin if the dog is wet, has an accident etc.

Very quick to dry when washed too.

Tip: if putting in washing machine get one of those bags that you wash horsey stuff in, the lint then does not clog up your pipes and render your washing machine defunct!

Even better are the beds like Kudos and Tuffie for the back of cars. They NEVER need washing as they are waterproof and just need hosing down etc.

You can get a cosy cover for a tuffie; they are expensive but a) save washing and drying and b) last for years......
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-05-2011, 01:34 PM
Vetbed every time - it can be washed and dried very easily and can be cut to the size required.
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2011, 01:36 PM
vetbed in the car tuffies indoors
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-05-2011, 01:40 PM
We just use a couple of fleece blankets that were like £2 in Asda that wash and dry really quickly on an express wash (30 minutes and done) and cycle them in and out and they get grotty/whiffy/soggy doggied. Dog went through a phase of being car sick while he worked out that he cannot in fact look out of every window at the exact same time and stopped whirling himself into a frenzy and they were a godsend then.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-05-2011, 01:40 PM
I have a very thick waterproof bed with a fleece cover on it, mine like a bit of padding and they sink into it so no slipping around when I fly round corners
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2011, 01:54 PM
Ours like a bit of padding and vet bed is quite thin so we just buy cheap dog cushions from the market for in the car, they stay relatively puffy as they are not in constant use and wash well. I use vet bed for my small furries and they adore it. Works very well. If you do get any have a look at ebay and buy in bulk, much cheaper.
SusieL
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-05-2011, 04:01 PM
My hounds need much more padding than vetbed gives so I use folded duvets in covers with a blanket on top which is easily washed.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2011, 04:11 PM
Vetbed or a cheap duvet with equally cheap cover. Havimg said that i have carpet in the back of the car at the moment
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-05-2011, 04:20 PM
Vetbed We get ours at dog shows as a lot cheaper than buying in shops or online.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >