View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brainless
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-03-2007, 10:38 AM
My only worry with HTM/Canine Freestyle is that people wantint to be ever more innovative may encourage moves that may be detrimental to the dogs welfare. I am thinking of the length of time on hind legs etc.

I think as the sport progresses there should be certain limits set as to what is allowed.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-03-2007, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Which original thread was this topic split from?
It was split from here....

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=57208
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
I used not to like HTM when I first saw it, but then I learnt to 'look past' the entertainment aspect to see a dog being mentally stimulated and this has to be a good thing
We must have been typing at the same time Mini That is just what I have said
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
It was split from here....

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=57208

Thanks
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 11:05 AM
But surely doing some activity/training with your dog is better than doing nothing?

As I have said, I am not really a fan of heelwork to music, however if it gets people actively engaging in doing some kind of activity and training then it must be a good thing.

The same comments could be made about flyball and agility - as these are not really "natural" activities for dogs to take part in either - but you try telling the dogs that they aren't having fun
for people that enjoy doing this then thats up to them
its not something i would personally ever choose to do and i dont like watching it
it just makes me crindge,but i can c where your comming from
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by cc22peatree View Post
for people that enjoy doing this then thats up to them
its not something i would personally ever choose to do and i dont like watching it
it just makes me crindge,but i can c where your comming from
It certainly isn't my thing either and I would die of embarassment if I ever had to take part I think

However, I still believe that doing some kind of activity/training with your dog (that you both enjoy) is better than doing nothing at all.
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 11:16 AM
It certainly isn't my thing either and I would die of embarassment if I ever had to take part I think

However, I still believe that doing some kind of activity/training with your dog (that you both enjoy) is better than doing nothing at all.
it would be quite amusing watching me do it with trin though
peolpe would av a good laugh on my expense
springergirl
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-03-2007, 11:35 AM
i think its basically each to their own. if both owners and dogs enjoy doing it and there is nothing done that is detrimental to their health and also their dignity then why not??!! my dogs love doing it along with agility!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 11:46 AM
I feel the same about agilty and flyball, manic, hysterical dogs totally alien to the breed, worrying. Each to their own.
Dawn.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
I feel the same about agilty and flyball, manic, hysterical dogs totally alien to the breed, worrying. Each to their own.
Dawn.
I used to hate seeing flyball/agility collies really hyped up and, as you say, hysterical ... sooooo completely different to the collies you see at trials. However, after much thought I decided that I prefer to see collies doing *something* with their owners and as both dogs/owners clearly enjoy it, and it exercises body and brain then that is better than collies going to homes where they have no stimulation or training whatsoever.
Page 5 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »