18-12-2015, 12:35 PM
Sounds wonderful Meg - hope you get your wish
Patzy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-12-2015, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
Thank you.
First saw it on the internet ,raced down to view, and loved it straight away. It was put on the market only 3/4 days beforehand and already had 2 couples to view and another booked for the weekend a couple of days later. Luckily the first to view ummed and arred if to buy or no, we stepped in with a cash offer with no mortgage. The owners accepted there and then and at our request took it off the market. We had already sold where we lived and staying with Sue's sister until we found somewhere.
More a case of see it- like it- view it- buy it, after looking at several other houses beforehand. Funny how some houses one would like to live in and others no way.

Also what better way to leave something for the children when that time comes
Best way to do things - if you can. Takes the pressure off doesn't it
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-12-2015, 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by Patzy View Post
Very nice house Tumbleweed
House? its a mansion

I used to love where I live , always lived round here, on the edge of W. London near the M25 , plenty of greenbelt land and places like black park near pine wood studios
but now it is so crowded and buy to let has ruined the
friendly community , people, that have lived here for years are packing up and leaving, two sets of neighbours and one dog walking friend around the corner and the family in the newsagent left last month
Its like living in a building site, house for sale , house sold in a few weeks , house gutted and extended , house to let or sold on at ludicrous prices , local youngsters cant get afford to buy and very few council houses left .
Roads clogged with traffic , school times a nightmare , difficulty finding space to park your car. I had off street parking done which saved my sanity .
New schools being built to accommodate the increasing population, third runway and HS2 to look forward too.
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-12-2015, 03:55 PM
I live in a traditional Hungarian village house in half an acre of land (mostly meadow). No shop or pub and the nearest town is a 12 mile drive down country lanes

In summer its wonderful as we're surrounded by fields and woods so loads of places to walk the dogs. In winter it's not so nice, especially when we get snowed in and can be confined to the house for anything up to a month! The only thing I wish is that I lived nearer the city which is 50 miles away as I have to go there whenever the dogs go to training, the vets or to the groomer!

This is the view from half way up the garden, taken in summer and another one taken in winter
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1071.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	4731   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0966.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	4732  
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-12-2015, 05:09 PM
Wow that's some house Tumbleweed, the bigger the house the more housework though

That's great that most everyone likes where they live. Dibbeythedog that's a shame that your area has gone downhill and it's no longer a pleasure to live there.

Chlosmum that looks lovely where you are but I couldn't live away out in the countryside there I am too much of a fearty gowk Out there, there's no one to hear you scream lol
Popster
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-12-2015, 05:42 PM
I have lived in my house since 1992 and it is described as a character cottage. It is over 100 years old. It isn't huge, has two bedrooms but also a proper loft room which was my son's bedroom. I still love my house but sadly hate the road it is on. It is most certainly a "rat run" as it leads up to a roundabout with the A316 towards London and M3 in the other direction. It's not a particularly wide road and its ridiculous the amount of traffic that uses it.

Dibby, I have a feeling you must live in my neck of the woods. I am a Hampton girl but now live in Hanworth which is on the border.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2015, 05:52 PM
Love the house,especially now we've updated itAlso love the area we live in.People are lovely.In saying that,if I could go back Twenty years I'd up root and move....somewhere warm all year roundIf the weather here was good,it would be perfect
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2015, 06:26 PM
I came to this small fishing town 48 years ago and I love it.
We lived in a house for 33 years and brought up the family but I always hankered after a bungalow.
Now I have it and I love it. It's small and cosy with a manageable garden.
Patzy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-12-2015, 06:31 PM
@Alison - sounds pretty much where I live
Shame it is when areas change so much
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-12-2015, 11:03 PM
I live in a Small Perthshire village in a conservation area. The house is about 300 years old. We're a bedroom short with 4 kids but we can adapt a downstairs room to a bedroom in future.

Bought a field behind our house so now have loads of space for the dogs.

Love the area too. Couldn't really be any better although an extension might be on the horizon.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >