Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2008, 03:54 AM

Moon the vietnamese dog

Hi all, here's some photos of the handsome man. Anyone wanting to know his back story, please read about us in the Introductions page. With a little bit of luck (and a lot of money ) hopefully Moon should be in the UK by December.

My boy......

When we first met him, unhappy in his home

When the local kids dressed him up on a cold winter's day

Hugs and kisses...Moon's favourite pass time

Kisses for the camera

This is his son Max (black) and Max's mum Mimi (Moon is now castrated). Max got a vius when he wa a tiny puppy but our vet nurse saved his life

Picked this up for a laugh after a trip home to the UK....he'll never forgive me for posting it on the net!

And just because he's scrummy....sleeping beauty
Border1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-09-2008, 07:16 AM
awwwwwww great piccys of Moon
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2008, 07:19 AM
Lovely pics of your handsome lad
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2008, 07:23 AM
What a fabulous dog! He's very lucky to have found you

MaryS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-09-2008, 08:16 AM
Lovely story.

He is very handsome! Looks like some Jindo in there too....Korea isn't far away. His mum looks to be a saddle pattern: is she??

I imported my girl Taki from Cambodia in 1999, (working out there for 3 years). Here is a pic of her, lording it on the nature reserve in Rye:

You are right, with quarantine and shipping costs around £4,500 for the six months....not for the faint hearted either. I was so worried the pilot would forget to pressurise the cargo container I spent most of the flight from Bangkok pressing the flight attendant buzzer. Taki was arrested and detained for 3 days at Bangkok because P. Penh Thai Airways had mucked up the paperwork....sorted eventually but not before some tantrums.

If you bring him home I have some suggestions about q. kennels...I opted for one near London so I could visit during the week after work...I wouldn't use them again. I'll give you some ideas if you want.

Animals Asia is an organisation I support. They and WSPA do a fabulous and professional job in extraordinarily difficult contexts.

The flooring (plastic vinyl) with the brown swirly pattern made me laugh, very evocative...I had the same in my wooden house in Cambodia and I could never see the darned scorpions on it LOL.

Mary
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2008, 08:32 AM
Thanks everyone for your kind comments, I think he's pretty darn gorgeous, but I'm also very biased!!!

Mary, you're reply was really interesting. I have no idea what a Jindo is *runs off to google it right now!* I'm so glad i'm to the only person daft enough to attempt flying a dog from Asia! I'm happy to know you've heard of AAF's work too.

Taki is absolutely beautiful. What were you doing in Cambodia? I've visited there and found it all rather overwhelming, yet the people were lovely.

It's likely that Moon will be flying via Bangkok too, probably with Thai airways, I shall be sure to bug them about the paperwork! Bad enough a long flight without getting stuck in transit, poor Taki. But I'm not surprised, that's just Asia isn't it?!

And yes, the flooring isn't of my choice (the brown is good at hiding the cockroaches...eeep!), is traditional vietnamese tiling and they thinking it's beautiful. Their idea of good decor is to get as many different colours and patterns that clash and stick them all in the same room. if you think the flooring is good you should see my curtains!!!

ETA: I forgot to mention, I have already booked his quarantine kennels, it's Willowslea Kennels (Airpets) right near Heathrow. Mainly because it was so close to us and we can visit him all the time, plus he can get into his kennel very quickly after his lng flight. It's not the newest or shinest looking kennels in the world but the kennel maid seemed really genuine and happy in her work and i think moon will benefit greatly from us visiting regularly. I hope this isn't where you went...!
MaryS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-09-2008, 08:38 AM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
Thanks everyone for your kind comments, I think he's pretty darn gorgeous, but I'm also very biased!!!

Mary, you're reply was really interesting. I have no idea what a Jindo is *runs off to google it right now!* I'm so glad i'm to the only person daft enough to attempt flying a dog from Asia! I'm happy to know you've heard of AAF's work too.

Taki is absolutely beautiful. What were you doing in Cambodia? I've visited there and found it all rather overwhelming, yet the people were lovely.

It's likely that Moon will be flying via Bangkok too, probably with Thai airways, I shall be sure to bug them about the paperwork! Bad enough a long flight without getting stuck in transit, poor Taki. But I'm not surprised, that's just Asia isn't it?!

And yes, the flooring isn't of my choice (the brown is good at hiding the cockroaches...eeep!), is traditional vietnamese tiling and they thinking it's beautiful. Their idea of good decor is to get as many different colours and patterns that clash and stick them all in the same room. if you think the flooring is good you should see my curtains!!!
I was with WHO...health sector reconstruction (post genocide) and 4 country (inc Viet Nam) malaria control policy.....long time ago now but some of it seems like yesterday.

Bet the curtains are red floral and best there are plastic red roses somewhere, yes??

Mary
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2008, 08:41 AM
Lovely dog and story, well done xxxxx
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2008, 09:01 AM
What a lovely story, thanks for posting x
youngstevie