Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2004, 09:07 PM

Opposite Sex

Not quite what you may have thought, but if you have always had bitches why did you choose a bitch in favour of a dog, or vice versa always had a dog why not a bitch?

Or do you have both like Chloe: Willis and Phoebe
Karen
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2004, 09:12 PM
good question ..just always owned bitches....as my parents did never thought of owning a dog
snoopy
Dogsey Junior

23-05-2004, 10:08 PM
I've got both. Must say though, i def prefer bitches, for some reason my bitches have always been a bit more independent, whereas my lads have all been complete 'mummy's boys'.
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2004, 07:35 AM
hi kazz
I've had mainly bitches in the past and thought i preferred them until we got buddy boy last week.originally i was looking for a staffy bitch pup but was advised that her and candy would fight, so we've got Buddy now and he is o total babe We've also got two older lab bitches who are brilliant with buddy, so we're one big happy family at the mo
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-05-2004, 07:45 AM
At the moment I just have Star but the next boxer will be a male. I dont want to take the chance of two females fighting constantly and having to rehome one. A male would be the best choice.
luconevar
Dogsey Junior

24-05-2004, 08:04 AM
I have both, but i do prefere bitches.
Karen.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

24-05-2004, 09:19 AM
Males.... because they are more effectionate!
(r'nt we all?!)
Alohacorso
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-05-2004, 09:35 AM
I have both. My oldest bitch is a little closer to me though (I usually wake up with her on my back or sleeping on my legs lol).
Chloe
Dogsey Senior

24-05-2004, 10:07 AM
I prefer males. Personally, I like the look of them, I like their temperement - always found them to be more loyal and affectionate than bitches. Less food orientated too and far more easy going. Willis loves to have a fuss and knows just how to get one - he has perfected the art of sitting next to me at my desk and putting his paw on the arm of my wheelie chair and swinging me round so he can get on my lap
Dozeydanes
Dogsey Senior

24-05-2004, 12:08 PM
Agree with you there Chloe Dane boys are big softies and always need mummy for a cuddle whereas the girls can be a bit stand offish. If there is going to be a bundle it is always the girls who start it.

Don't you men say typical female !!