View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2004, 02:02 PM
Beautiful pics Wozz! What kind of dog is Ghost? They're all so cute!
Wozz
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-05-2004, 02:25 PM
An ISBT Barbara, and Thank You
Clue1e55
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-05-2004, 11:45 PM
real nice dogs, love the colour of ghost. is she an irish staff bull terrier, only not too sure of the abreviations. and can i ask what the difference is, in irish and english staffs. ops:
Wozz
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-05-2004, 11:01 AM
Yep, ISBT=Irish Staffordshire Bull Terrier..
SBT Staffordshire Bull Terrier
The difference, in general and imo, is that the ISBT is taller, more lean and athletic looking. The SBT is usually shorter, and more stocky.The length of Ghost's hock is allready the same as Inca's. (Think that part of the leg is the hock anyway )

The ISBT is not recognized by the KC, the SBT is. Hence Inca, rather than what i would call a proper staff walk, prances, kinda like a horse...this is more kc influence though.... Cain is a long legged SBT, but not KC, he walks properly ...(Inca is a kc reg SBT)

I have seen this asked several times, and have seen varying answers, as i say just my opinion. Both have lovely temrements and are cracking with kids....And both have the special way of talking that staffs do so well

Touch wood, none of mine are dog aggresive either...
Lizzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2004, 11:15 AM
Awww, another puppy, I'm so jealous! I love his blue eyes.

Inca is gorgeous, I love her colouring, and the way her ears almost stand, but the tops flop over!!!

Cain looks a lot like my aunts old staffie Bess, though she was smaller. She had to be put down 3 years ago when she was 14 I think. They've had a horrible time since, as the new staff pup was diagnosed with a tumor on his heart when he was just over a year old- he was put down within the week or being diagnosed

They have a new red boy though, so hopefully everything will be OK with him.
Lizzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2004, 11:17 AM
BTW, the hock is the part of the dogs back leg that looks like a backwards facing knee!
Wozz
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-05-2004, 11:23 AM
Inca is a sweetheart, totally thinks she is our child

Bess was a nice age, thats 14 good years. Sorry to hear about the pup....Just not something you expect, must be devastating....With an older dog you know its inevitable, not easy, but still with a pup, that must really hurt..

What did they call the new red lad? Sure he'll help take the mind away
Lizzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2004, 11:34 AM
They called him Cash, after Johnny Cash (??? Apparently he was a singer, obviously before my time!!)

Post more pics of your dogs soon, especially Ghost (I adore Staff pups, whether they are Irish or KC, though to be honest I think I'm leaning slightly more toward the non KC, as I think the blue colouring is stunning)
Wozz
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-05-2004, 11:54 AM
I like the name Cash. Its different, don't think i would mention where it came from though , but as you say, before your time in any case

I have seen pics of kc reg'd blue staffs also. Just i wasnt personally interested in a kc dog this time the walk, how they act, the look etc. i prefer the non kc..
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2004, 03:02 PM
Hi Wozz,

Just found the pics . Ghost looks great, cheeky little things at that age. Seems like yesterday Cassy was like this but she is 2 tomorrow.

Anyway great to see other ISBT owners posting pics.

Laura
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2