register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: how many of you would put your dog/s into kennels like the one mentioned in the link?
Yes, deffinatley 13 46.43%
Maybe 13 46.43%
No thank you 2 7.14%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Daniellew
Dogsey Junior

04-10-2006, 12:36 PM

how many of you would do this ? ? ? The Poll

i recently posted a thread about kennels. please see here.

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=44837

please add any comments, if you have any
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2006, 01:00 PM
I don't leave my dogs, my male has been in kennels once for just one night & it ruined him (it was nothing like the one you describe though) so I for any reason I did have to leave mine again then thats definatly the sort I'd go for if I had the option round here, it sounds lovely & you would be safe in the knowlege its not just getting a 10 min walk once a day & then being left ignored for the rest of the time like in big kennels where they don't have time for that sort of interaction.

Just out of curiosity do they also cater for special diets (such as the BARF diet)? I know not many do where I am.
Daniellew
Dogsey Junior

04-10-2006, 01:03 PM
it will be my kennels (hopefully)

I have never fed a dog on a BARF diet before but if you would be prepared to bring your own food along then i dont see a problem with this.
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2006, 01:08 PM
i would have to see the kennels but it sounds purfect if i had to leave my dogs.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-10-2006, 02:35 PM
I do kennel my dogs each year and try my best to find one that meets their needs and my own. For me cost is not the primary issue, a small kennels with lots of exercise and interaction sounds perfect to me.
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-10-2006, 07:15 AM
It sounds good to me. I'd never put Poppy in kennels though as I know she'd get stressed. Any time we've been away for a few days I've always made sure there's a family member or close friend who she knows to look after her in our house.
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2006, 07:30 AM
it was the sort of kennels we were plannign on opening until we realised we could never afford to

sounds ideal.

xx
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2006, 07:35 AM
Hollie has been in kennels just twice, the first time I thought I hade made a good choice, but she came home a nervous wreck. The second time it was only for 2 nights, and obviously not the same ones. She apparantly was aggressive when her kennel was approached, but took to one worker there who spent ages in with her, sitting on the floor hand feeding her!

A kennel like yours sounds wonderful!