Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2008, 12:15 AM

what does your dog do while you eat?

do you put him/her elsewhere or in the same room?

what do you do?!
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-02-2008, 12:17 AM
They are in the same room, and depending on the food being ate it will be lying in their beds, to sat staring. A lot of people dont like that but it does not bother me,
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-02-2008, 12:18 AM
Mine eat their dinner at the same time as us, and once they have finished they then go and lay down waiting for any scraps that might get left over.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2008, 12:19 AM
Depends hun if they behave themselves. Libby and Lexie have to go in there bed or they drive me mad the others are ok they beg a bit but dont try to steal or whine so they stay out.
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2008, 12:22 AM
ok thats good!! cos pup stares........and i donk like it! he jumps all voer the boyf (he doesnt take much notice of him!) and made him drop his roast....on the floor, not a happy boyf!

so i taught pup...'face the other way!' and he does it! im quite proud of myself! i say 'face the other way' and he turns round in his basket! after we have finished i make a big fuss and give him some treats!

wondered what everyone else did!
fimberly
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-02-2008, 01:00 AM
I hate riley staring at me whilst I am eating. It really puts me off my food. I just say go away and he gets on with something else lol
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2008, 01:08 AM
TBH I've always been raised to believe that a dog begging when you're eating is very wrong. As such all dogs we've had have learnt to go to their beds when Dinner/Tea was served.

Woody, being a Lab, was terrible though and spent most mealtimes looking terribly ashamed just because he was thinking about our food!

Isla though is another matter. My parents dote on her so much, she gets away with murder! I swear she's a canine granddaughter to them! As a consequence, she's told to get under the table during mealtimes. That way she can still beg and we can't see her!
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2008, 01:47 AM
Mine are usually asleep on the lounge floor or the kitchen floor. They know their tea time is after ours, so don't get up until I take the dishes out to the kitchen.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-02-2008, 01:58 AM
The TZBCs learned in early puppyhood that the "sit and stare" tactic won't work: the rule is that, if they want table scraps, they will either have to wait until the people have finished, or wait for the "bitties" to go in their dinner bowls.

They do have a tendency, though, to think that a guest won't know the rules, and will sit and stare at him/her until told to go to bed (which they do, quite promptly!).

Snorri
Twilight Zone
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2008, 07:23 AM
Missy gets told to lie down - which she does under the dining table. Or at the side of the sofa if we are having a snack not a meal.
She's pretty good - she does exactly that - lays down and waits for us to finish, hoping we'll save her something
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >