Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2006, 10:19 AM

to booster or start over

Have not put this in health section as its more of a moan ...rang the vets todays as all 4 girls are quite overdue for boosters as we have had the pups here and it was overlooked ...the vets says he will not booster them as they will have to start again with the puppy vacs ...at the cost of £45 per dog ......and thats with a discount .....

so i am paying for 4 consultation fee's it seems quite unfair I have to admit i can now see why people don't keep boosters up to date
perhaps its my fault for over looking them but thinking that they no longer needed to be done bang on the year

bit miffed to say the least
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2006, 10:23 AM
I thought they only had to be done every three years now don't they? Your vet sounds like he is being a bit awkward to me because you didn't do it bang on the 12 month mark. Could you not change vets and see if they will booster them because surely starting again will only do more harm then good. I don't have Benji boostered - he had his puppy vaccinations and that is all he is having.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2006, 10:25 AM
it was really India that i rang up for ..the older girls are way out of date but thought well get them all done ...India is out of date by 6 months and starts agilty this week
YES A CAVALIER DOING FLYBALL AS WELL ...........lol

think in will look down another route
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2006, 10:25 AM
we once had a vet that quibbled over a week! so we moved elsewhere and had them done no problem... ours have puppy, year booster then every three years. Ziggie hasn't had one since a pup as he had a reaction to it (well being ziggie he would wouldn't he!) but has the level of immunity checked via a blood test.
H xx
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2006, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by Foxy
I thought they only had to be done every three years now don't they? Your vet sounds like he is being a bit awkward to me because you didn't do it bang on the 12 month mark. Could you not change vets and see if they will booster them because surely starting again will only do more harm then good. I don't have Benji boostered - he had his puppy vaccinations and that is all he is having.
I thought that to,I know that some people have there dogs tested to see whether or not they need a booster.
Sal
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2006, 10:32 AM
Also meant to say £45 quid!!!!!!!
The last time we had all four there for boosters it was £89, 4 boosters one vaccination and some anti biotics!
H xx
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2006, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by nissanmad
I thought that to,I know that some people have there dogs tested to see whether or not they need a booster.
Sal
Out of all the dogs we have had in the past we have only ever had puppy vaccinations done and never had boosters and they have all lived to ripe old ages and been extremely healthy except for Sabre that we lost due to Anal Furuncleosis at the age of nearly 6
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2006, 10:41 AM
have just rang again and spoken to my vet ..who is a good man !! he says its the practice policy to start again not his personal view of which he will remain quite about ...........
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2006, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by Inca
have just rang again and spoken to my vet ..who is a good man !! he says its the practice policy to start again not his personal view of which he will remain quite about ...........

hmmm so quite possibly a money theing? I'd get my revenge by booking them all in seperately (if you're paying for 4 appointments make sure you get them).
xx
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2006, 10:48 AM
i have decided just to get India done .......I am not being ripped off i will look into other methods..any links would be great
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 > Last »