View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2009, 05:45 PM
if you have old rope kicking around, you can tie them up into balls leaving a bit of rope length on it for chucking,
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2009, 06:50 PM
Ha, I'm sure this thread has jinxed Stumpy's ball

I was just thinking she's had her ball for ages...then what does she do today - drops it in a sheep field

The fence was a bit like a haha - an 8ft drop down to the sheep with a fence against the vertical bank. So pleased that she listened to me when I yelled leave as she was just about to jump down to go and get it, but then she wouldn't have been able to get back out (and I wouldn've have fancied her being caught in there by the farmer).
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2009, 06:22 PM
You can borrow Flynn, it's almost a guarantee that he will find a tennis ball when out on a walk, I have dozens and dozens. It's amazing where they get lost as well but he's got a special nose for them and one dogs loss is Flynn's gain.

I always shout at him because I think he's scoffing a dead rabbit or eating poo and then I feel guilty when he prances back to me all proud with a tennis ball.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2009, 06:30 PM
I'm lucky I have a friend who plays tennis. She only uses the balls for a few games and when she's finished she passes them on to Mo

Just a thought, I thought I read once that the furry covering on tennis balls was bad for dogs teeth. True os false?
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2009, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
I'm lucky I have a friend who plays tennis. She only uses the balls for a few games and when she's finished she passes them on to Mo

Just a thought, I thought I read once that the furry covering on tennis balls was bad for dogs teeth. True os false?
I heard that the glue in tennis balls is bad for dogs teeth if they are allowed to chew it and the glue gets on their teeth. I don't leave the balls with my dogs, so it isn't a problem.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2009, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
You can borrow Flynn, it's almost a guarantee that he will find a tennis ball when out on a walk, I have dozens and dozens. It's amazing where they get lost as well but he's got a special nose for them and one dogs loss is Flynn's gain.

I always shout at him because I think he's scoffing a dead rabbit or eating poo and then I feel guilty when he prances back to me all proud with a tennis ball.
Brilliant - yes please But it isn't tennis balls they lose - it is the far more expensive hard rubber balls on ropes.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2009, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I heard that the glue in tennis balls is bad for dogs teeth if they are allowed to chew it and the glue gets on their teeth. I don't leave the balls with my dogs, so it isn't a problem.
Aaah thanks, I knew there was something.
No, Mo only has them to play fetch when we are on the beach.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2009, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Ha, I'm sure this thread has jinxed Stumpy's ball

I was just thinking she's had her ball for ages...then what does she do today - drops it in a sheep field

The fence was a bit like a haha - an 8ft drop down to the sheep with a fence against the vertical bank. So pleased that she listened to me when I yelled leave as she was just about to jump down to go and get it, but then she wouldn't have been able to get back out (and I wouldn've have fancied her being caught in there by the farmer).
Oops!!!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2009, 08:06 PM
What we do is.....
we go down to our local park where a brilliant designer has sited the tennis courts next to the boating pond. And Daisy pops in and gets them. We got 2 today - half term is specially good.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2009, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
What we do is.....
we go down to our local park where a brilliant designer has sited the tennis courts next to the boating pond. And Daisy pops in and gets them. We got 2 today - half term is specially good.
way to go Daisy dog
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >