Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2009, 03:59 PM

green green grass...or not so

hi, today i looked onto my garden from the upstairs window and god it looks horrible!!
the grass mainly, first mainly the bits where there is grass its turning yello- probably from the dogs weeing-not sure which-i heard its bitches that scorch the lawn? but yoda wees like a girl so it could be either?
its not really practicle to keep them from weeing on the lawn but has anyone got any ideas what can help the grass be green?
also where i have been practicing weaves it has sludges up a bit of the lawn- if i just sprinkle grass seeds will that help? cause all of the lawn is not got an abundance of grass will this help?
as you can probably guess i dont know much about gardening-my last house was patiod!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2009, 08:48 PM
I'm really not sure. Ironically whatever my girls eats, it seems to help our lawn - where they pee doesn't go yellow but instead the grass grows thicker and longer so you get clumps.

I think perhaps you're just going to have to accept that dogs and green lawns don't go together (and make sure that you move the weave polls regularly )
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2009, 09:25 PM
I used to have grass..then I got 2 Malamutes!!!

Then I had mud..

So then I laid turf and put up electric fencing so it would "take"..Then I had agility malamutes..

Now I have mud again!!

Come summer..I am going to have LOTS of slabs!!
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-01-2009, 10:08 PM
tomato juice is supposed to stop it, but it didn't work for Jobie you can get things called dog rocks that you put in their water but i haven't tried them personally. its the high nitrate level i believe that kills it off, but in lower amounts nitrates fertilise the grass so you find therell be yellow patches with longer grass around the edge.
there is no hope for my garden, but my aunt used to go over her bitches wee with a watering can and it just worked like a fertiliser, i dont have the patience for that though lol
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2009, 07:47 AM
We slabbed ours - best thing we ever did!