Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2010, 02:33 PM

Been to see our vet

I have been to see our vet today,without the dogs LOL.

I wanted a chat about Megs vacinations,I explained my concerns,her poor run of health,her fitting a few weeks back etc, and said I didn't want her vacinated unless it was necessary.

So we have decided to titre test her,her appointment is in two weeks time.

Just hope I am doing the right thing.............
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2010, 02:34 PM
Everything will be fine, you've got the best care for her and she's in good hands. Of course you're doing the right thing
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2010, 02:50 PM
Anyone who worries about doing the right thing usually is doing it imo - it's the people who never worry who tend to make the biggest mistakes. So I am sure you are doing exactly the right thing and your vet would be telling you if he/she didn't think so too.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2010, 03:30 PM
Waste of time and money, it is NOT a reliable way of testing immunity.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2010, 03:39 PM
Yes you are doing the right thing so stop worrying.
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2010, 05:15 PM
I believe you are doing the right thing.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2010, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Waste of time and money, it is NOT a reliable way of testing immunity.
Have to agree.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-11-2010, 06:19 PM
I didn't have Ollie vaccinated this year. Changed vet too who was happy that we didn't but wouldn't of minded if we had.

He did not mention titre testing to us and if we did have Ollie titre tested he would need sedating. He has been vaccinated as a pup then boostered until this year and he is now turned 4. I have put him on nosodes which the vet seemed happy with.

After some research I decided against boostering this year for many reasons compromising his immune system was one of them and the fact they think it can cause aggression with Ollie I am interested to see if this the case as he can be touchy with some humans and some dogs. Not all though so I am more inclined to think it is genetic as neither parent is this way. My main reason was his immune system though as Bernese have delicate immune systems especially as they get older.

Like you I worried read about not vaccinating and thought about it and decided against and now feel sure I have made the right decision especially as the vet did not get hysterical over it. I think you have to do what you feel is right.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2010, 06:52 PM
Have had similar situation recently but have gone with advice of much trusted vet and 'feeling?' It's a hard one to be sure, but can only go with our instincts and advice given. You will always do the best you can for your dogs, worry about it all too,sometimes too much(as i am doing at present ) Think dogs(like babies/kids) are stronger than we think sometimes, hope all goes well for you all x
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2010, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Have to agree.
So much PROOF of it not being reliable yet people still do it, cant understand it, but then I suppose its not my dog is it.