Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-02-2014, 07:52 AM

Dogsey daily thread (Sunday).

Morning everyone. Dry and bright here so far. Was a bit windy in the night but at least it was dry. I hope others haven't suffered from the storms.
Just put some washing in and trying to get as much as done as possible this morning as we were out about 1/2 1 to meet brother and SIL for coffee at a nursery this afternoon.

I hope all poorly peeps and doglets are feeling better today.
Including sore noses.

Have a good Sunday.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2014, 08:10 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone

Enjoy your afternoon out meeting up with your brother and sil, just in time for a nice cuppa and a big slice of cake at the garden centre Lynn, yum.

We're just getting ready to take Zena out, but at least this morning it will be a real leisurely walk cos we both have nothing on the agenda until this afternoon. We've got a visitor at 4.30, but he's well used to Zena and her antics, so not really a worry.

Had a hectic day again yesterday, but now I've got the whole month to myself, and the doctor has summoned me in for yet another blood test, I've got to get Zena to the vet for a nail trim, and sort my teef out at the dentist, but at least I now have the time.

It's going to be a glorious, sunny day for us, but the wind and rain overnight was pretty bad again and we've just been told we've got another whole week of it, so I'll make the most of today.

Hope everyone has a lovely Sunday, enjoy the sunshine if you've got it, and I'll catch you again later maybe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-02-2014, 08:32 AM
Morning Helena enjoy your well deserved leisurely walk with Zena and Dave and enjoy your time with your visitor.
Sounds as though although you are saying you have a month to yourself what with the vet, doctor and dentist it will still be a busy month well maybe fortnight.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2014, 08:43 AM
Morning Lynn, H and all,

Its going to be a very nerve wracking day here today as I have decided to let Lyla venture outside for the first time.
The washing machine is about 20 mins off the end of its cycle so when I go to hang it out I will leave the back door open for Lyla to come out at the same time.
I have to admit I am terrified she will just run off and get lost as she is so adventurous, but I need to get her used to going out as if Charly and Ash get their dog today then they will be down next week with it and I don't want lyla learning to go out while learning to cope with a dog in the house.
So please keep your fingers crossed that she doesn't just disappear as it would break my heart to lose my little bundle of trouble.

Lynn enjoy your coffee with brother and sil. You sound more settled there now so I hope it all feels more like home for you now.

H, sounds like you have a busy time coming up after all, still it will help keep you out of mischief.

I will update you all later as to whether Lyla is still living here or done a runner and will let you all know how Charly and Ash get on with Leo and if he is making the long journey home with them.

Have a good day all.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2014, 08:58 AM
Morning Lynn, Helena and MM a glorious day here, she says in a whisper for fear of frightening it away
Hope you all enjoy your day and that scatty Lyla learns to come home
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2014, 09:22 AM
Morning

I hope you have a lovely catch-up with your family Lynn.

I hope you enjoy a well-earned leisurely day Helena. Good luck with the blood test.

I hope Lyla's outside experience is a good one, Bev. Are you worried about her escaping through the broken fence?

We have so many things that need doing, it's hard to know where to start. It's a late walk for Loki because we have only just finished breakfast.

Have a good day everyone.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2014, 09:27 AM
Morning all.

It is very nice here cold but bright and no the sun is quite strong for Feb.
Nothing much on the horizon here although need to go to the farm shop for potatoes and eggs. May take Bella there too as Dad says he may come for the ride to the farm shop so will be able to leave Bells in the car with him and stop for a nice bit of a stroll on the way back. As I speak I am drinking a cup of coffee and Bella is flat out on the bed, I have got a slightly dodgy tummy which is my own fault as I took ONE simple ibuprofen tablet on Friday due to having a really bed knee on Friday night at work I am sensitive to asprin so am paying the price did not realise how sensitive I am as I have avoided it for many years

Anyhow have a really good day all.

MM I do not think she will run away kittens are sensible.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2014, 09:51 AM
Well it started off fine, she went just outside the back door and bought in some moss and chewed it up on the kitchen floor and then bought in a huge spider and chewed that up before spitting it out but then she spotted birds and scrambled up my house wall to get on the high porch, I just managed to grab her as she would have been stuck up there. She clawed me and made me bleed as she didn't want to come down.
Then she ran round the back garden looking for birds and tried to scale the fence into next door back garden, they have a staffy and a lab that don't like cats so I just managed to grab her again, put her down and she ran and jumped the gate into the front garden, while she was eyeing up a bird on the gutter I managed to catch her and screaming biting and clawing me I bought her in. She is now yowling to get back out.
I think I am just going to have to bite the bullet and let her out and come away and leave her to get on with it and hope she comes back and doesn't get herself hurt. She seems to have no idea of self preservation.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2014, 10:01 AM
Morning Lynn and fellow members,

Later than normal for me on here but I've been busy banging my head against a brick wall The flooding is all coming back. I've already taken the dogs out while I can still drive my car because once the levels come up another 1" or more I will be beholden to OH to get me through the flood water to walk them The other lower road that runs adjacent to the River Bourne is already flooded.

My brother is about to go and I'll then go and give the horse owners a hand putting up a temporary field for the horses as all the lower fields are again under water.

Bev Good luck letting Lyla out for her first outside adventure.

My brother and I have been crying with laughter at my OH just now. He was asked to do a BBC Radio 4 interview for some country type programme and the people turned up half an hour ago. He has just driven off with a presenter in the passenger seat next to him and a sound man in the back hanging one of the huge furry microphones on a pole over the front between them. You just imagine it will be a red rag to a bull when they drive down through the town past pedestrians .... it would be to me anyway

To everyone else, enjoy your dog walk and have a lovely day. See you all later.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2014, 10:05 AM
Good morning everyone, lovely morning here for a change. I might get some washing dry outside, well hope so anyway. Amber has relearned to use the patio again to do her toileting. I let her out at 5 this morning and she went no trouble so I was able to have a little lay in bed this morning however come 8 o'clock she still wanted her walk so I didn't get much of a lay in.

Bev, do hope Lyla comes back in ok with no problems.

Lynn, enjoy your meet up with your brother.

Helena enjoy your walk with Dave and Zena.

Have a good day everyone take care. God bless.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »