Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-12-2021, 09:56 AM

Christmas Eve 24/12/21

Sorry brenda taken the title off course today.
Very damp, misty and cold out there today.
Lovely to have Michael home he is now awaiting his PCR test result.
I have been out on the field today and given away bags of treats still have so many to give away and tins of food.
Will face all that in the New Year, but decided to see if I could see some of the regulars we had got to know and I did and they were all sorry to hear about Dillon.

I have a cake to ice and sausage rolls and mince pies to make today, have a travel cot, mattress and sheets arriving plus the meat for Christmas.

Moyra good luck for today hope they can get you sorted and back to feeling well again.
Chris hoping your Sister recovers soon.
griff that certainly isn't right what Steve has been told, I know they have lessened the isolation from 10 days to 7 but you still have to isolate.
Kazz hope you and your family are well.
Sue I am guessing you are going to be very busy, I guess the girls are getting very excited about tomorrow.
brenda hope you have a nice couple of days and enjoy your walks.

Well everyone a sad time for us and yesterday was hard as it was the anniversary of bringing Dillon home as a pup.
We will be having a sadder Christmas this year but we will put our brave faces on for the family and hope for a kinder and safer New Year for us all.
Keep safe and stay well.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2021, 11:43 AM
Good morning all Happy Christmas Eve day

Mince pies collected from the front porch by the various eater of the afore mentioned Mince Pies. Been out with Gert who is now racing around with a kitchen roll tube. Stuffing is made and the turkey awaiting the oven lovely breakfast made and eaten - for some reason watching Last of the Summer wine.

Lynn You sound like proper Christmas Eve mode has switched on have a good day and so pleased your lad made it home then going skiing maybe next year you can go there?

Chris Very worrying with your sisters news I hope it stays pretty stable for her. Have you noticed any difference upping your drugs LOL

Moyra Have a lovely Christmas and hope the hospital visit goes well.

Sue Busy few days there I expect. Are they coming to you or vice versa?

Brenda Hope the day is going good there with you a Christmas day walk along the sea front sounds order of the day.

Griff Bit of a b*gger Steve having symptoms so that means you can't see Steve over the Christmas.

Have a good day all
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2021, 11:53 AM
Hello Lynn and all to follow. Well they phoned and brought my echocardiogram forward to 9.15am so its all done and dusted. Not very pleasant experience as it felt like he was bruising me, still all done now. Just have to await results.

Have a lovely Christmas everyone, God bless.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-12-2021, 12:08 PM
Kazz

we don't know the couple called vice or versa so they won't be comming
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2021, 12:45 PM
Afternoon all
Awwwww Lynn, the first Christmas is the absolute worst, we did it with Diez on 23 December 7 years ago and I still struggle with Christmas, she loved it
Moyra, glad it is done for you
Kazz, nope... won't be able to see him, will just take his dinner over and leave it on the doorstep....unless he has his PCR results by then...if he gets those and we are clear all good. I tried tracking his PCR parcel number but it just says they can't find it and try tomorrow.....he put it in the post first thing yesterday.... and it was allegedly a priority box
Just had to go to the drs....not in a great way, will get a call back this afternoon
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2021, 12:54 PM
Good afternoon all.

Christmas is a strange time filled with both happiness and sadness, but I hope everyone manages to enjoy it.

My sister will kill me. I said 89 in July when it's actually 79. Good job she isn't on here

I'm going to call her soon to see how she is. A bit of damned if you do, damned if you don't as I don't want to disturb her if she's resting, but as I'm not psychic, I'll just have to hope for the best.

I've not upped the meds yet Kazz. Waiting until Boxing Day because I'm expecting to be out of it for a couple of days until they settle down. Then I'm only upping them slowly as I have some 25 mg tablets left.

Well done Moyra - fingers crossed for a good result for you.

Merry Christmas everyone. Try to have a good 'un xxx
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2021, 01:21 PM
Good afternoon everyone

Hugs Lynn but with your family around you I am sure you will manage to have a good day.

Hope your sister soon gets better Chris.

Fingers crossed for a good result for your Moyra

Hope all is well with you Kelly and that you manage to get through Christmas with your brother.

Enjoy your meal Kazz.

No everyone will be here. Ben only has a small kitchen table and benches. The sofa is due sometime near the end of January so until then it is the floor. He ordered a coffee table from Oakfurniture Land in September with a delivery date of mid January but could be earlier. He had an e-mail yesterday now due sometime in March, As he said he could have grown tree and made it himself by then! Only good bit of news he had yesterday was that the blinds he ordered for the kitchen due mid January have been dispatched so hopefully here sometime next week.

I wish everyone a very Happy Christmas. Take care.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-12-2021, 04:56 PM
Michael got his negative result this morning so we popped out for a wander round a garden centre and a cuppa and mince pie.
Cheated this year bought ready made pastry for the sausage rolls some done for breakfast and now to do the mince pies, also bought ready made fondant icing for the Christmas cake that's now done to.
A little Bernese wooden decoration I ordered at the beginning of the month arrived today so a few more tears.
Freya's travel cot, mattress and sheets arrived too so she is all set for a comfy nap when she needs one at Nanny and Granddads house.

Oh dear Chris I remember my brother sending me a 60th card when I was 59. I rang him to thank him and pointed out laughingly I wasn't 60 till the following year. Apparently Gill reminded him it was my 60th. Bless her she was quite ill by then and had made a mistake.
I am sure your sister will forgive you.
griff hoping for a negative result for Steve.
Kazz enjoy your Christmas meal sounds delicious.
Moyra glad it's all done just the worrying wait now, hopefully not to long.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2021, 10:56 PM
Steve's test is negative...so I can actually go in tomorrow
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2021, 11:28 PM
Fortunately, Lynn, my sister will never know which is just as well.

She says she's feeling a lot better today - just shattered all the time. The rotten thing is that she'll be spending Christmas alone, but it could be so much worse. Fingers crossed she is now on the mend