Our sister sites
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2009, 08:38 PM

Horsey Pics for Helena54

This was my Mare Hallie, halliday.

15.2, Quarter Horse x TB

I sold her when i got into the dogs seriously, competed at regional Riding club level ,SJ XC etc, but never did too much cos i never had my own box so had to beg or hack to shows.

One day i will get a scanner & scan tons more pics !!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2009, 09:11 PM
OH MYYYYY a quarterhorse x tb! I always wanted a quarterhorse, I did the western bit once, they do it as Sidlesham nr Chichester and I went with my friend, what fun that was!

She is gorgeous, a real stunner. I did x-country, but my horse usually dumped me half way round, especially at anything black, and so I usually ended up in casualty! I enjoyed the sponsored rides much better coz I could pick and choose which ones I knew he would jump, or gallop flat out at steeplechase ones so he never got a chance to duck out or stop! Lol! He had such a dirty stop that horse of mine!!!

I'll dig some of mine out tomorrow, and you do the same, in fact all horsey peops should dig out their old piccies. I enjoyed Becky's thread the other day with her and her horses. She used to ride around her garden on a broom before her dad bought her that horse you know!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2009, 09:14 PM
When you say you seriously competed in SJ, do you mean as high as Foxhunters or Grade B etc??? I couldn't manage more than 2ft 9", never dared do the open Too scarey! I did manage 5ft in the school one day though, and it was fantastic, in fact, a lot more easy to do than a 2ft 9" for some strange reason.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2009, 09:19 PM
Read again, did the dogs "seriously", not the horses! We did 3Ft 3 open courses, but no higher, Please she was a cow at drops, also was a cow at going in a straight line, we jumped ALOT of wings!!!! Cos we would have to do Controlled sideways , controlled Sideways, Three Strides out Straighten up & let go. On team SJ stuff my team mates had there heads in their hands.

The "best" we ever done, was riding club SJ of the season , & we Qualified for the riding club Team SJ finals one year, but i sold her so never went
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2009, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
This was my Mare Hallie, halliday.

15.2, Quarter Horse x TB

I sold her when i got into the dogs seriously, competed at regional Riding club level ,SJ XC etc, but never did too much cos i never had my own box so had to beg or hack to shows.
Awww brilliant piccies, now I know why you cried at mine. I'd give anything to go back to owning a horse.

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I enjoyed Becky's thread the other day with her and her horses. She used to ride around her garden on a broom before her dad bought her that horse you know!!!
Lol you remembered! And it wasn't a broom, they were just pretend horses, yes I had more than one lol, and my friend was allowed to come round and ride them too, except her horse was never as good as mine.
I then progressed to riding the wall in the garden. I had a horse rug on it and reins and I found a piccies of me riding it the other day, in full Horse Ranger gear!
Then I bought a bit of grooming kit every weekend when my Dad came to see me until eventually he gave in! Simple!