Male 

18-11-2007, 01:59 PM

For Helena54

Here you Helen, this is the business.

Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2007, 02:05 PM
Dave says "WOW" and it's newer than his too!! Very nice! Here's his one it's the bug-eye, a Jap import, same as you've got there!

Sorry it's not a very good picture but I was in a hurry to take a pic when he first came home in it! Now it's raining, so I'm not going out there to take another one! Lol!

I suppose you've got the jacket that goes with it too???? That's given me an idea for a Christmas pressy for him, I might see what other Scubi bits that are on offer to go with that jacket!!!
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-11-2007, 02:11 PM
Helen, what ever you do don't get him a scooby keyring, they're solid steel and very heavy, s'pose he could always use it as a cosh.

Also, the front foglamps are a ridiculus price, £550, when I found that out I fitted lamps I got from Halfords, Lamps/relay and switch for £32.

PS: Your hubby's motor looks good, a real head-turner, the cops can hear them coming a mile away and they look at mine approaching, then look at me and I can hear them saying "what's an old sod like him driving one of them".
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-11-2007, 02:18 PM
Three's a crowd.

Here's my old one.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2007, 02:35 PM
Very nice Colin! Did you trade that one in for the Range Rover you've got now then??

I'm liking the bits of pink, and Dave has told me that's the import badge on the front grille, which he's taken off, but why is your STI bit pink and Dave's isn't then?? Lol I like to know these things!!!!

I'll tell Dave to make a note about that foglights, but he says more weight and he'd never use them, he reckons the headlights are really good on them.

He recently took his up to a place in London (even though we have a good place here which he went to first in Brighton GT Art but they couldn't do it) for remapping (Power Engineering) and they've got it up to 344 bhp and 321 torque! That means nothing to me but I suspect that means it's pretty fast! I haven't driven it yet, don't know why, not that he wouldn't let me or anything, coz I drive the 840 Beamer we've got and I'm a good driver (even though I'm a woman!!! )
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-11-2007, 02:40 PM
Very nice Colin, there aint anything like them on the road.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-11-2007, 02:56 PM
Under the bonnet Helen, let hubby have a look

dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2007, 03:02 PM
Very nice ,love the colour xxdk
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-11-2007, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Very nice Colin! Did you trade that one in for the Range Rover you've got now then??

I'm liking the bits of pink, and Dave has told me that's the import badge on the front grille, which he's taken off, but why is your STI bit pink and Dave's isn't then?? Lol I like to know these things!!!!

I'll tell Dave to make a note about that foglights, but he says more weight and he'd never use them, he reckons the headlights are really good on them.

He recently took his up to a place in London (even though we have a good place here which he went to first in Brighton GT Art but they couldn't do it) for remapping (Power Engineering) and they've got it up to 344 bhp and 321 torque! That means nothing to me but I suspect that means it's pretty fast! I haven't driven it yet, don't know why, not that he wouldn't let me or anything, coz I drive the 840 Beamer we've got and I'm a good driver (even though I'm a woman!!! )
No, as I sold the Scooby long before I brought the Range Rover.

Tell Dave his right about it being an import. From my understanding the colour of those stickers on the import models denotes the year they were made, because it is one of the easiest ways to tell the year the car was made as opposed it's year of registration.

Just for your info the 344bhp is what the engine is putting out, the 321 torque is what is reaching the wheels by the time the engines power has gone through the gearbox, prop shafts, axles and then and onto the road.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2007, 05:16 PM
Nice and clean under your bonnet there Nero (just as hubby would keep his ). He's taken a look and says it looks identical - is there something he's missing then????

Thanks for the info on the bhp Colin, I understand now then! One thing I will say here though, that 840 Beamer he bought a couple of years ago (he likes something a bit "different" in the way of cars)he stopped driving it and said it was boring. However, since he had to use it for 2 weeks whilst they were doing his car he actually admitted to me that it is faster than the Scubi, so he now says that's boring even though he had the mapping done on it I don't think he's ever going to be happy until he gets that TVR or a Ferrari!!!! They're a long way off though!

A friend of ours has just bought an Audi RS4
and before that he had the Scubi and then a Skyline (scarey, very scarey!!!!! )and he does like those, but then again he did pay £46K for it, so he can't have one of those either!!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >