Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Erin
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-02-2007, 02:58 PM

Walk cut short!!!!

Im not happy

Ive just got back from walking my 2 from the field that we go to every single day.The field is usually empty other than the odd dog and owner.
Anyway yesterday and today its been really busy on the one side of the field with people sledging,well today (like yesterday)i took my 2 over let them say hello to everyone so that they wouldnt keep running to greet them then took them over the far side of the field.After about 20 mins a lady came over and said,"how long are you going to be because we have brought my daughter over to sledge and our dog who is dog aggressive" I couldnt believe what i was hearing,I just said that we would be about 1 hour which is how long we are everyday,I then went on to say that maybe the dog shouldnt be off the lead if it was dog aggressive and that i wasnt going to go home just because she wanted to let her dog off the lead.
She said well dont blame me if one of your dogs get hurt and walked off,i shouted over to her that i would hold her personally responsable.
Anyway her husband/partner/friend who ever she was with came over gate into the field with a massive rottie,my 2 little terriers wouldnt have stood a chance had the rottie decided to attack so for the safety of my babies i had to cut their walk short and bring them home
The dog went mad when i walked passed with my 2 and the bloke was struggleing to hold him so i know i made the right choice but it just makes me sooo angry,everyday i take my 2 down that field,ive NEVER seen that lady or dag down there!!!!!!!!!!
So im now cooking some chicken and my 2 are going to have a treasure hunt to make up for their short walk
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-02-2007, 03:35 PM
What a cheek couldn't they of left the dog at home to let their Daughter sledge,then took the dog out where they normally walk him,or left him on his lead.
Hope they enjoy their treausre hunt.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2007, 03:37 PM
I would have told them that if they brought an aggessive dog into this field I'd be on the phone to the police before they could let it off the lead.
Becky
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-02-2007, 03:45 PM
Another lot of idiots who ask people to move their dogs or put them on-lead while theres are the nasty ones, it really annoys me. Maybe if they brought their dogs up rightly and introduced it to other dogs while you it would not be nasty
Erin
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-02-2007, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I would have told them that if they brought an aggessive dog into this field I'd be on the phone to the police before they could let it off the lead.
Becky
to be honest i didnt even think of this i just couldnt believe what i was hearing.im terrible at times like this had my partner been there he would have know exactly what to say.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-02-2007, 03:49 PM
It also amazes me how many "new dogs" you see when theres snow or its a sunny day and they are normally overweight and nasty.
Erin
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-02-2007, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
Another lot of idiots who ask people to move their dogs or put them on-lead while theres are the nasty ones, it really annoys me. Maybe if they brought their dogs up rightly and introduced it to other dogs while you it would not be nasty
totally agree,They proberbly think that its ok to have the dog of the lead if its not aggressive with people,never mind other dags,and think that they have done the "responsable"thing by warning other owners!!!!!

ive never had this before and i think it had to happen to me for me to believe that there are actually owners like this out there.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-02-2007, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by patterlands View Post
totally agree,They proberbly think that its ok to have the dog of the lead if its not aggressive with people,never mind other dags,and think that they have done the "responsable"thing by warning other owners!!!!!

ive never had this before and i think it had to happen to me for me to believe that there are actually owners like this out there.
It happend to me a few times and each time it makes me more mad. Jake for me loves other dogs and now and then will run over to play because of this he stays on lead quite often, So when i see people who let nasty dogs loose it annoys me.
Erin
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-02-2007, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
It also amazes me how many "new dogs" you see when theres snow or its a sunny day and they are normally overweight and nasty.
its amazing isnt it,there are usually about 2other dogs over this field while we are there,there were loads yesterday!!!!!
we went earlier today and it was just my 2 and 3 others when we arrived then they left and it was my 2 and this rottie.
I wander how many others have gone over since and been asked to leave????
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2007, 05:33 PM
How stupid and irresponsible.

I just hope that after you'd gone someone else with their dog didn't wander into the field, see the rottie and think 'he's off lead so he must be ok' and carry on into the field.

I sympathise with owners who have dog-aggressive dogs they have rehomed and the aggression was not of their making (we have this problem with Max) BUT I loose all sympathy the second an aggressive dog is off the lead in public.

If they are there again over the weekend and you go to the field I would do as Mahooli has suggested and call the police before these idiots let this dog hurt or kill another dog. Although as Stormey has said, 'new dogs' tend to appear on sunny and snowy days. I guess if they are only taken out when it suits the owner - no wonder they have behavioural problems.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >