Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2011, 04:10 PM

Bunnie

Poor Bunnie..... today is NOT a good day. Every time she walks she cries (sometimes screams) in pain and sits down and licks her fanny. She's spent most of the day sleeping on my lap (hence my absence) and can't have any more Metacam until tomorrow. Poor little love - I honestly thought she would be better today, but she's worse. I think she may have hurt herself getting the bandana off overnight.......
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2011, 04:15 PM
Does her wound look alright? Any redness or swelling? Stitches/clips still intact? She shouldn't be in any great discomfort today, i would give the vet a buzz just to set your mind at rest
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2011, 04:20 PM
Everything looks just fine - no redness or swelling.

She's back at the vets on Tuesday morning and she's quiet (but still, so that might be a factor) at the moment.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2011, 05:14 PM
Poor little girl...I always gave mine Rimadyl after the spey and they sailed through it, if the wound looks ok then it may be that she twisted herself to get her bandana off, although mine were trying to jump on the furniture and go upstairs the next day so maybe it isn't that

Lots of cuddles with you are bound to make her feel a lot better, I hope she improves soon as it's such a worry xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2011, 05:19 PM
Some positive signs...... she's just eaten 50g of cooked chicken and has now gone upstairs..... without making a sound - happy, happy, joy, joy, joy!
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-08-2011, 05:32 PM
wonderful news!!!!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2011, 06:09 PM
Poor Bunnie........sometimes I think that we tend to think that they should recover quicker than they do, and indeed, some bitches don't even seem to notice that they have had the op do they.

But, it IS a major op after all, and if she has nasty twinges and feels sore then it is perhaps not surprising. I do hope that she now continues to improve and feel a little better as each day goes by.

Big gentle cuddles for her
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-08-2011, 06:32 PM
I am so glad to hear Bunnie is feeling a bit better - I am sure she is sore [memories of a similar human op spring to mind...]

My two were lucky, no pain killers needed and never as much as a teeny ouchie from either of them.

Gentle hugs for her and a cuddle for Len.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2011, 08:29 AM
Quick update.

Bunnie seems a little brighter today. She ate her breakfast and we've been out for a short "toilet" walk.

She cried out just once this morning, but has now had the painkiller, so I'm hoping she'll settle.

She's currently up in Baz's bedroom watching out of the window.

I'm hoping we've turned a corner .

She is back to the vet tomorrow morning for a check on the wound. Hopefully, all will be well.

Gentle hugs are being administered regularly.......

x0x
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2011, 08:46 AM
Aw so pleased there is a definite improvement.
Please will you add some gentle hugs from me and Peps to the ones you are administering regularly? xx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >