View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2016, 08:54 PM
Moyra, I am sure you have done right by him...a very nice thing to do. Could you put something in writing so if anything were to happen to him you could have blue returned to you??
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-10-2016, 09:03 PM
Girls had lamb necks for tea then a piece of pumpkin each, with it being Halloween.
No word from son, I have been sat waiting for him since 12.30, other things I could have been doing with it being such a lovely afternoon.
LG, mentioned your suggestion about doing a hunter clip to my friend, and she thinks it is a great idea, trouble is she'd have to be sedated as is petrified of clippers, so first of all she's to pay the £280 vet bill, then got a blacksmith visit looming, so she reckons clipping will be some time in the New Year
Wish you had been able to get some use out of Blue, Moyra. It seems a shame you are back where you started quite some time ago.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-10-2016, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
I went to bed but couldn't sleep worrying about everything. I hope we have all done right by our choices today! Fireworks going off in the distance, glad it is not local. Hope you are all ok, take care.
There was a rather unpleasant fireworks incident not far from us this evening. A group of yobs were setting off fireworks and throwing them in to a group of young trick or treater. One child was burned. I don't how badly but whatever, I think it is a very serious matter and I hope they get caught.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-10-2016, 09:29 PM
He is such a sweetheart and his family are horrible to him. Just hope I have done right by him. I have let him take Blue without any money transfer!
What a good hearted gesture Moyra, I'm sure he'll appreciate it and continue to be your friend for a long time.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-10-2016, 09:34 PM
Fireworks going off in the distance, glad it is not local. Hope you are all ok, take care.
Touch wood we've not had any tonight. The local firework display will take place on the field next to the village green, (it's just under a mile away) last year we could see the rockets and the noisy ones were somewhat muted by the distance. It will be the first with Lara who dislikes it when the local farmers start taking pot shots at the pheasants so I'm expecting her to be a bit nervy.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-10-2016, 09:39 PM
Not heard any fireworks up to now, which is very unusual. One of the local pubs is having a Bonfire Party on Saturday and the other one is celebrating the anniversary of them being in business the following weekend, and another firework party. Seems that everyone is keeping the fireworks for them by mutual agreement, which is great,
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-10-2016, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
A group of yobs were setting off fireworks and throwing them in to a group of young trick or treaters. One child was burned. I don't how badly........................I hope they get caught.
Not just caught but a 'proper' punishment handed down. But of course that won't happen, the bleeding hearts in our society will see to that, and the sleazy lawyers playing the 'unhappy childhood' and 'disfunctional parent' card in front of the magistrates.

Fireworks are not toys, long overdue for some meaningful controls, but again I can't see it happening.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-10-2016, 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Seems that everyone is keeping the fireworks for them by mutual agreement, which is great,
Don't tell me logic and sensibility have taken over It's a very good idea but there's sure to be some ejits who'll not want to comply.

I hope it does happen the way you've described and your girls are not too disturbed on the respective nights.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-10-2016, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Not just caught but a 'proper' punishment handed down. But of course that won't happen, the bleeding hearts in our society will see to that, and the sleazy lawyers playing the 'unhappy childhood' and 'disfunctional parent' card in front of the magistrates.

Fireworks are not toys, long overdue for some meaningful controls, but again I can't see it happening.
I've looked at local area [a social network] again but no more information on the incident.

Fireworks are subject to legal controls.

"Fireworks can only be sold to persons aged 18 years or older. Sparklers are classed as fireworks and the same laws apply. It is illegal for under 18s to possess fireworks in a public place. It is not a legal requirement to have any kind of licence or training to buy consumer fireworks."

Those who set off the fireworks were described as "kids". You would not normally refer to someone 18 years old as a kid yet they definitely had fireworks and were in a public place.

So, I don't think it's the absence of controls, it's the enforcement of them that I see as the issue here. Will they get caught? Probably not.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2016, 10:34 PM
Jeez, hope the child is OK besoeker...people can be such nobs, I honestly would rather it only be to at organized displays....I mean they are explosive devices capable of life changing injuries
Oh dear TW....I hope your lad is suitably apologetic
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >