View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2013, 10:24 AM
Hadn't seen the duck simpsons before, just had a look and it looks good with glucosamine and chrondotine too (spellings?) Might try that next thanks Macster
katilea
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-03-2013, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by Macster1 View Post
I have just had a look at the Bob & Lush , looks a great food but lot of money for just 7.5kg, the Simpsons 45% Duck & Potato is £41 for 12 kg, just to give it some comparison. Even the 80/20 meat with fruit & veg works out a better price.
yeah I know but I had a voucher for £25 off so only actually paid just over £30 for the first order of wet and dry and the dogs loved the duck breasts treats so I got them so more of that.

To get both again would nearly be £60 just for JJ where I could get them a bag of Simpsons in different flavours for cheaper (if buying 2kg bags)

The wet I only use for kong treats a couple of times a week and the fishmongers were cheaper at 99p a tray! (well cheaper for me as I don't really need 20 of them in one go!)

It would be easier if I could find everything in one place but P@H don't have much of a choice of grain free dry other than Fishmongers and Applaws which is chicken flavour.

I was looking at JWB lamb & veg but the first ingredient was Turkey! 26% turkey meal though it claims to be made with a minimum of 26% lamb!! .. which put me off!

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/james...and-10kg-12822

Check out the description then read next tab (composition & nutrition)
chrishind
Dogsey Junior
Male 

07-03-2013, 08:14 PM
simpsons 80/20 for me
Boxacrazy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-03-2013, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by katilea View Post

I was looking at JWB lamb & veg but the first ingredient was Turkey! 26% turkey meal though it claims to be made with a minimum of 26% lamb!! .. which put me off!

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/james...and-10kg-12822

Check out the description then read next tab (composition & nutrition)
That page is misleading and incorrect I know as I feed JWB Lamb and veg and I can tell you hand on heart the first ingredient in the list on the bag is LAMB meal (26%) and there is no turkey listed in the ingredients list on the bag.
Jenn~n~Luke
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-03-2013, 12:46 AM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Hi Zoe, are you sure that the loose stools/wind isn't due to your pup being overfed? When I got my pups it was a real trial/see method because they had been fed from one big bowl with their litter-mates. I initially went by what it said on the packet and had to drastically reduce the amount as they were suffering from wind/loose stools and were going to the loo 4-5 times a day.

One of mine has a very sensitive stomach and through trial and error with loads of different foods such as Burns, Acana, james wellbeloved etc etc it is Orijen that is working fantastically well. But what they say on the packet is too much for most dogs. My dog in question weighs 12.5kg and he is on half a cup in the morning and half a cup in the evening and with that amount he is doing brilliantly.

If you change food I'm sure you know to do it very graduallly. Start mixing it with the old and gradually feed more of the new. I've found that I if do it over a 2 1/2 to 3 week period his tummy stays calm.

Burns is also a brilliant food but I felt there wasn't enough protein in the fish/brown rice variety. In all honesty you get what you pay for as far as quality is concerned.
Good luck.
I second this. All too often what people think of as Orijen being too "rich" is actually a matter of over feeding. I would definitely put him on a schedule as well. Free feeding leaves the digestive system in a constant state of readiness to digest. If after cutting back on the Orijen and making sure there are no other health issues causing gas/stool problems, then definitely try something else. Orijen also comes in other flavours if you find this one not suitable.
katilea
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-03-2013, 07:17 AM
Originally Posted by Boxacrazy View Post
That page is misleading and incorrect I know as I feed JWB Lamb and veg and I can tell you hand on heart the first ingredient in the list on the bag is LAMB meal (26%) and there is no turkey listed in the ingredients list on the bag.
I was told after it was misleading also..I emailed P@H too. They said the ingredients are meant to change when you click on different pic so pic of turkey food shows turkey ingredients and when click on lamb version the lamb ingredients were meant to show.

My older dog used to get these actually though I never really looked at the ingredients at the time as she was not allergic to cereals..I just used to get 2kg bags (of JWB adult) in different flavours to give her variety. I'd switched her to JWB senior but she seems to have no energy and is gaining weight. I've just started a big bag of F4D weight control so she'll have to finish that first.

Only issue for my pup is the Duck only comes with Rice in JWB range so would have to change his protein source...though he is having lamb and carrot wet (Bob & Lush) and fine on that so why looked at the Lamb & Veg.

I'm also looking at Applaws which has has higher meat content but contains egg, (but can get in single protein source meat wise) which may have been the cause of the extremely stinky poo's and eating them whilst on Eden. ..I thought I'd seen egg in the ingredients list of the Simpson's food too?
Boxacrazy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-03-2013, 08:07 AM
Originally Posted by katilea View Post

I'm also looking at Applaws which has has higher meat content but contains egg, (but can get in single protein source meat wise) which may have been the cause of the extremely stinky poo's and eating them whilst on Eden. ..I thought I'd seen egg in the ingredients list of the Simpson's food too?
Why not look at the new Millies Countryside range brought out.

http://www.millieswolfheart.co.uk/co...nge/4567346306

It may be another option for you this has just come to market this week and contains no egg if I remember correctly
katilea
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-03-2013, 08:15 AM
Originally Posted by Boxacrazy View Post
Why not look at the new Millies Countryside range brought out.

http://www.millieswolfheart.co.uk/co...nge/4567346306

It may be another option for you this has just come to market this week and contains no egg if I remember correctly
doesn't it have like 3 different meats in though? ..he's on single source protein food at the minute.. while work out what he's allergic to.

I wasn't sure if it was the multi meat & fish altogether or the egg in the food that was making his poo's stink so bad and he smelt when you sniffed him (like people do on Atkins etc from too much protein)
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3