Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2010, 10:03 PM

Smart phones??

Right its finally time to upgrade my phone after Mia left toothmarks in some of the keys about 9 months ago!!

I have had 3 smart phones now, as a driving instructor there is one feature I need above all others

I need to have a good calander where I can copy one appointment with all the details and paste it into another slot - so I can quickly keep track of all my pupils details and scedual their next lesson in quickly

My current phome XDA ignito does this perfectly, it is - for what I want - a fantastic phone, google maps, microsoft office, great internet and it is a nice small phone

I have had a nosy at a few phones

i phone, calander is clunky and no good for me
XDA dosent seem to exist any more
HTC - all the latest ones are even bigger than a i- phone and you cant cut and paste the calander entries
Blackberry - you can cut the description but not the whole entry

So does anyone know if there is a phone that does what I want - or an app for i phone or android phone??

Help please!! I really NEED this feature - I cant believe after 3 phones with this feature they now dont have them!!
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

08-03-2010, 10:13 PM
How about one of the Nokia E series? Pretty business orientated like the Crack oops sorry Blackberry. No idea what the calendar's like but probably worth further investigation.

I'm well happy with my Nokia N900. Seems like a very well put together bit of kit. I probably wouldn't recommend it for you as it's a hacker's phone, not a business one.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2010, 10:16 PM
Thanks, I havent had a nokia for years - I will have a nosey

Problem seems to be the people in the shops have TOTALY no idea what their phones do any more
I have had two shops full of people trying to get the phones to work
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

09-03-2010, 06:38 AM
On the shop staff with a bit of a clue front, I can recommend Carphone Warehouse. Was in the Milton Keynes one over the weekend getting my boys a phone each & the guy was very helpful. I'm sure if they didn't know, they'd find out....
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2010, 01:24 PM
Cool, I will try them