View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2008, 09:17 PM
mmnn have to say i am not really a fan, only that i wouldnt have one - have no problem with them - we dont get any in our garden bruno makes sure of that although they do like to sit on the roof of the neighbours shed and laugh at him trying to bounce off the fence to get to them !!!

we used to have two kittens when i was little as we ha mice in our house, rhey were terrible mousers though and sooty got killed on the road, a few days after that sweep ran away and we never saw her again... i was so upset after that my mum decided not to repeat the pet experience for about 10 years where she allowed me two guinea pigs !!!

so no problem with them just wouldnt have them...
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2008, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
Interesting thoughts everyone.

Regarding my birds being clawed through the wire, it used to happen at night when they were roosting. They would sit right at the edge of the perch and before they could even 'tweet', the cats would pounce and get their claws through the wire. After that, there was only one winner.

I remember another time when I used to work in a print house. We were looking out of the window over open countryside, when suddenly we saw a cat run past with a tiny bunny in its mouth. My colleague started screaming hysterically, and she ordered me after the cat. The cat was lucky it could get places I couldn't. However, through the whole chase it wouldn't drop the rabbit!
YEs I agree with Mahooli, rats, Stoats or Weasles or even Mink are much the better size to get birds through wire, I mean my cats currently have a pen that is an aviary I used to use it for my Ferrets, my cats cant get their paws or anything else through the wire.

Re the rabbits, I WANT THAT CAT!!! I had a Cat that only ever caught Rats and Squirrels, I so of loved him to be at my side with the Terriers when we were ratting etc.. but being a cat he did his own thing! Baby Rabbits are easy prey for almost anything, you can almost pick them up yourself.

I appreciate you have bad feelings for Cats, but please dont think they do anything other than what they are designed to do, just like our dogs.
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2008, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
I love cats

Cat's are more independant than dogs, females more so. It's true what they say, dogs come when called, cat's take a message and get back to you :smt043

Some cats are quite dog-like and like to be with you all the time - so I guess it depends on what kind of cat you get..
My two Always come when I call them! ( they are both female and Very affectionate)
Hammer
Dogsey Senior
Male 

01-01-2008, 09:39 PM
I guess it's just a personality thing...I don't like them, and I bet they don't like me
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2008, 09:42 PM
Don't dislike them but am severely allergic to them so guess I've never been able to get close enough to get to know any.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2008, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
I guess it's just a personality thing...I don't like them, and I bet they don't like me
That's exactly what my OH said when I met him and he first came to my house.

Now he's worse than me, he loves them!
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2008, 09:44 PM
I adore cats and wouldn't be without one as much as I love dogs, I can see myself being without one at some point in my life, either due to lack of time or another factor, although I can honestly say I don't think I will ever be without a cat.

My girl is happy so long as she has food in her tummy and a warm place to sleep. She's not the most affectionate of cats, but I love her character - she cuddles on her terms and not very often, although she will sit beside you and chat away to you until her hearts content. She'll hide underneath the valance sheet on the bed and jump out to play with your feet when you least expect it, she'll happily bat a piece of paper round the house for hours and has even mastered bringing it back to me in her mouth

Apart from the odd occasion as a kitten, she has never scratched any of my furniture - cats are just as easily taught "right and wrong" as dogs are - unfortunately a lot of people just won't dedicate the time to them. Yes I agree cats will hunt, but they are designed to. Cats can easily be kept on the owners premises by inverting fencing as dawn stated. Cats will only spray if left entire, neutered cats are not a problem in this respect.

Dawn by the way - is that the lovely Mr Wiggy?
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2008, 09:52 PM
I love cats, I love the independant streak, and always feel honoured when my girl wants some fuss, she is a big softy on her terms, totally has the dogs sussed, and always stands her ground with them, they are intelligent creatures. I have only ever had moggies that needing rehoming, but I would like a posh cat one day, I would love a Maine Coon cat . Cats are great

Borderdawn- Your cat is gorgeous
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-01-2008, 09:54 PM
Im not a cat person and i'd never own one (not that you actually own a cat anyway!).Strangely though,cats seem to like me and always wanna sit on my lap which i've never worked out.:smt017

I'd quite like a Ferret though.
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2008, 09:54 PM
And just to prove that dogs and cats can get along...

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »