Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
manydogz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-01-2015, 01:27 AM

New addition in a few weeks

My neighbor, Diane, who had been quite ill, will be moving to another state 530 miles away. About 5 years ago one of her dogs had a litter of one. She named her Kitty but from the day of her birth I called her Girlfriend. Girlfriend and I saw each other almost every day and became quite close. Every time she's out in her yard she comes to the fence and calls me to come see her. When she was still very young Diane told me that if anything ever happened to her Kitty was to come to me. Things are getting harder and harder for Diane and she has decided that it is time for Kitty to be left with me. So, if her husband doesn't make too big a fuss, fingers and toes crossed, Girlfriend will be here in a few weeks. Thankfully they have other dogs that are going with them which will keep my friend from being lonely. She wanted to leave two other dogs with me as well, but I advised against it because the other two really need to stay in their forever home with Diane for their own good. I would have happily taken them. One is a long haired, tiny Chihuahua who has never known any place but Diane's lap. The other is a poodle Diane rescued from a puppy mill who after two years is finally coming out of her shell and is very attached to Diane.
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-01-2015, 02:10 AM
Congrats on the new addition!!!! You must be over the moon to finally have your Girlfriend.
manydogz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-01-2015, 04:01 AM
I am over the moon, but afraid to get too excited in case something goes wrong.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2015, 08:34 AM
Fingers crossed everything will work out,don't be worrying(( hugs))For your friend as well,must be hard for her but knowing her lovely girl is going to a great home must help alot
Looking forward to seeing pics and getting to know Girlfriend,she sounds lovely xx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-01-2015, 09:59 AM
Gosh 530 miles is a long way away Debra , I guess you will miss your friend.

A new arrival is always exciting. I hope you and 'Girlfriend'
have many happy years together
manydogz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-01-2015, 12:11 PM
I will miss Diane a lot as she's another dog lover. Her and her husband were the first ones "hanging over the fence" when I moved here. I was thinking how long it's been since I've taken in a dog who's not an actual rescue. Maybe never.
manydogz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-01-2015, 01:59 AM
My little girlfriend arrived today. First thing I did was change her name to Shayna. Never did care for Kitty. My pack has already accepted her and she's sleeping in the recliner. I'm so happy to finally have her. I do feel bad for Diane, but she knows she can barely care for her other dogs. Her husband, Allen, is really pissed about it. He'll probally never talk to me again. As if I care!
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2015, 08:50 AM
Good Luck with the pup.At least you will have her to remember your friend and there are always emails etc. to keep in touch. I can never quite get to grips with how big USA is. My daughter lives over there and I can never quite place where she is with other places that she has lived in over there unless I get the map out. People in USA don't seem to noctice the miles of travelling. Maybe it is the straight roads.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-01-2015, 08:57 AM
I am very pleased for you Debra what better way to start a new year than with an addition to your doggy family
susannah92
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-01-2015, 10:24 PM
So pleased to hear that your new arrival has settled in so well - hope you have many many happy years together xx