View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mcgregorkh
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-06-2008, 11:03 AM
Forgot to say you might find that 3 classes is a bit much for your boy. The classes are normally fairly big, there is no shade around the ring and if it is hot he will be struggling.

Dont forget if you enter a class at a champ show you cant withdraw if you get placed in the first you have to do all three.
I didn't know that Morganstar, I thought it was only if you got 1st place you couldn't withdraw.
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-06-2008, 11:31 AM
Are you going? Excellent!!! Which classes are you in? Your boy is gorgeous maybe he could give Tun a few tips!

Ah forgot about the bench thing guess I will need to take re - enforcements with me wont i! What do you use bench wise? Chain or cage thing?
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-06-2008, 11:34 AM
Hopefully it wont be too hot. Is it frowned upon to withdraw on the day then?

If its mega hot then I defy anyone to complain if i decide to withdraw my baby on welfare grounds! If I am banished forever then so be it
mcgregorkh
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-06-2008, 11:47 AM
I will be in Open dog and minor puppy bitch. The benches are in huge barns so are shaded. For benching I use a vet bed and benching chain.

Hopefully it wont be too hot. Is it frowned upon to withdraw on the day then?
As I said before I thought you could withdraw so long as you didn't win your first class but Morganstar probably knows more than I do (most people do ) I know several people who have withdrawn without a problem but thinking about it it is probably cos they have been binned by the judge and not placed.
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-06-2008, 12:27 PM
Hopefully it wont be too hot and we dont get sent off for an early bath
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2008, 12:53 PM
You can withdraw if you feel its too much for your boy, what you can't do is win your first class withdraw from the others & then go in the challenge, technically if you don't go in a class you are entered in you are regarded as having been beaten in the class. I've withdrawn many times on health regards including once in the middle of our second class when the dogs had been gaiting for nearly two hours. My withdrawal has always been accepted, when I've explained the reason.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2