Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2008, 08:12 PM

One of those days ....

It's been one of those shows I wish I'd never bothered with today. Without going into detail, it was a nightmare from beginning to end and on top of everything I had someone very aggressive in a personal way towards me all day too. Deccy was a bad boy (not his fault) Diva was a good girlie and her tail never stopped wagging so we've had a group hug now we are back home.
At least it didn't rain!
Just goes to show you have to expect the rough as well as the smooth...... Dogs are now fed and curled up in front of the TV. I think I'll join them ....
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2008, 08:18 PM
Sorry you had a bad day. Don't let them get to you, we all know how fab both your dotties are! Go and have a cuddle with them for me.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-06-2008, 08:54 PM
Sorry you had a bad day.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

08-06-2008, 08:57 PM
Sorry to hear you had such a rotten day.
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2008, 09:06 PM
Thanks guys, just had a long telephone conversation with a fellow exhibitor, I think we both feel better now!
Onwards and upwards......
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2008, 06:03 AM
Best to try and put that one behind you, Gill.

I could never get in the show ring - I'd be telling people to eff off left, right and centre. I'm not known for my tact...

Hugs honey xoxox
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2008, 08:48 AM
Sorry you had a bad day, at least Diva was well behaved for you. I'd put it behind you an start looking forwards to the next if I was you.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2008, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Best to try and put that one behind you, Gill.

I could never get in the show ring - I'd be telling people to eff off left, right and centre. I'm not known for my tact...

Hugs honey xoxox

LOL Vicki!! Believe me, sometimes I want to too!!! Sometimes you have to bite your tongue so much it should spit in two lol

Sorry to hear a fellow exhibitor was nasty to you Deccy. Probably jealous! Why do people have to be like that?

Hope your next show is much nicer for you
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2008, 08:14 PM
Sorry to hear a fellow exhibitor was nasty to you Deccy. Probably jealous! Why do people have to be like that?
I don't know about jealous, but she came across as pushy, ignorant, mouthy and loud. There's always one, and they are usually from over the water, sadly!
I'm sure the next show will be fine, they usually are, which is why it's so disappointing when you one that you don't enjoy.
Incidentally, both my two won their classes and Diva was RBOB in a big entry. Sometimes it's not the results which make it a good or a bad day; I've had better shows when I was chucked out. (unplaced)
Still, it's passed into history now.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2008, 09:24 PM
I don't show Takara anymore, she stopped enjoying it and I wasn't able to run with my knee anymore so we packed it in but when we did do it I found it so bitchy I just couldn't understand why!

We were there because we enjoyed it and someone would always have to spoil our day either by sabotaging us (in the case of one man) or bitching about everybody else!

It's a dog show - get over it!! I think it's when people take it too seriously that problems arise unfortunately.

I must admit as well, some people take rejection so badly it seems to affect their relationship with their dog - if that was ever the case with mine, I'd quit right there, right then! I was always taking the best dog home, placed or not!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >