View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jackpat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2008, 03:01 PM
Been reading through this with interest. What strikes me as a vet nurse, is that all veterinary schools and the RCVS call their alumnae "students" not trainees. May our OP works in a vets at the moment while re taking A levels??
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2008, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by may View Post
lol yep, i am, can't treat my own animals yet though so i have to use a vet (who obv i don't get on with) i'm currently taking a break to renew maths and science coz i knew i could have done better the 1st time and finaly i hope to start a dog grooming course soon lol reading some of my posts i guess i dont sound like a vet but thats prob coz i've only had a year or so in training and don't realy trust my opinions oh and i'm not big on telling the world i am to be a vet coz i'm yet to meet someone who likes them
I have to agree with the others something doesnt add up for me. Why would a vet do a grooming course and either pay thousands of pounds or give up two years of their working life to become a dog groomer and earn a pittance.
Don't mean to offend bit as the others have said we've had lots of people come on here and exagerrate there life history.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2008, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by jackpat View Post
Been reading through this with interest. What strikes me as a vet nurse, is that all veterinary schools and the RCVS call their alumnae "students" not trainees. May our OP works in a vets at the moment while re taking A levels??
Yes, thats why I referred to the people we take on during work experience as "students"

Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
I have to agree with the others something doesnt add up for me. Why would a vet do a grooming course and either pay thousands of pounds or give up two years of their working life to become a dog groomer and earn a pittance.
Don't mean to offend bit as the others have said we've had lots of people come on here and exagerrate there life history.
I missed the grooming bit. You are right in what you say Morganstar.

If I may be so bold, I think the OP is quite young, pictures of her showing her dog show a child in a school uniform, and looking at her other photos many show the same girl, I dont think there would be all those pictures of somebody else with what she says are her pets.

I am sorry if I have this wrong and will offer a full apology, however it seems several share my concerns.
Dawn.
may
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-06-2008, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Yes, thats why I referred to the people we take on during work experience as "students"

I missed the grooming bit. You are right in what you say Morganstar.

If I may be so bold, I think the OP is quite young, pictures of her showing her dog show a child in a school uniform, and looking at her other photos many show the same girl, I dont think there would be all those pictures of somebody else with what she says are her pets.

I am sorry if I have this wrong and will offer a full apology, however it seems several share my concerns.
Dawn.
if its the person in the pics that worried you, thats my neice, i will be taking the dog grooming course in my spare satarday evenings at my local college. yes we are refered to as students but whilst talking to my friends what they call me is a trainee. if you have any more problems with my life feel free to give me a pm but PLEASE could a member of the admin team remove this thread from the forum now.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2008, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by may View Post
if its the person in the pics that worried you, thats my neice, i will be taking the dog grooming course in my spare satarday evenings at my local college. yes we are refered to as students but whilst talking to my friends what they call me is a trainee. if you have any more problems with my life feel free to give me a pm but PLEASE could a member of the admin team remove this thread from the forum now.
Where are you doing a grooming course on a Saturday evening, most colleges close at the weekend, I wouldnt mind doing it myself as a top up only time i can do is Saturday looked all over even the training school's only do til Friday
may
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-06-2008, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
Where are you doing a grooming course on a Saturday evening, most colleges close at the weekend, I wouldnt mind doing it myself as a top up only time i can do is Saturday looked all over even the training school's only do til Friday
ah at walford collage just down the road from us, its open through the weekend as its an agricultural collage and has sheep,cows,horses and even some meercats! the course was on a satarday last year so i'm assuming it'll be the same again, they have recently built an animal centre where the grooming and vetinary nurse courses are run
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2008, 07:32 PM
According to Walford college, dog grooming is on a Tuesday and always has been oh and you're a bit late, there's only one and it started on 8th April

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee're OFF to ssee the Wizard the wonderful wizard of OZ, beCOZ beCOZ beCOZ beCOZ beCOOOOOOOZZZZZZZZZZZ ........ sorry, just felt a song coming on
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2008, 07:34 PM
I googled it as well it started on the 8/4 so you've missed it.
may
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-06-2008, 07:45 PM
i have a confession to make, i'm not may (or minnie from the other forum) i'm a kid, becky, who borrowed her details and photos, my parents have spoken to the real may (or minnie as she is better known) and i sencirely apologise for any trouble caused, my account on here is being given by my parents to the real minnie although i doubt she'll want it now, incase she does its here for her to use and i will no-longer be using it.
minnie as far as i know is a sailing instructor or something like that, not a vet, although from what i know she does as has been said on here not realy like vets.
once again i opologise and will leave the forum immidiately
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2008, 07:49 PM
Well, what do you know!!!!!
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >