Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2005, 10:17 PM

Once again silly people.

I help at a training class once a week, we have a man with two dalmations, he shows them and has trained them to perfection. They will work and obey whoever is handling them.There's a girl who was coming with her pal, she saw the dally's and decided they were so good she wanted one(forgetting the work the dogs owner had put in to get his dogs to behave so well)she got a pup about 6 months ago,came to the class once or twice, then appeared last week after a 3 month absence,with a very bouncy,very out of control dally pup!(She is a lovely dog, just been allowed to do what she wants)Now this dopey woman cannot understand why her dog doesn't behave like the two show dogs.She has been advised what to do, but quite honestly I cannot see it happening.I am just waiting to see what happens now. I must add the dog is well looked after,just completely dopey,as pups can be.
Crstna81
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-02-2013, 12:13 PM
I cannot stand the ignorance of people in regards to dog training. My two staffy-x dogs are quite well behaved (mostly) and listen (mostly)

If you don't invest the time to train, then quite possibly your dog will end up at the shelter looking to be rehomed. It is so sad
Roofs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-02-2013, 12:21 PM
One of the things I rather like about dog training classes is the realisation that my dog isn’t that bad! It does though make me sad that people have dogs they cannot enjoy, mine went through stages growing up where he was a pain but we worked through them, having seen a full size muzzled German shepherd jumping up at it’s owner trying to play bite his arms I am very glad I put some time and effort into mine when he was a baby. (I got him at 8 weeks old and he’s that clever he learned sit in three days!)
Shelter Pups
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-02-2013, 12:24 PM
Some how my dogs have trained me fairly well without classes.
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2013, 12:27 PM
Too many want the results but not the work.
Shane
Dogsey Senior
Male 

12-02-2013, 01:11 PM
This is a common problem. I've had people think they can get a Westie and it will act just like mine, and they fail to understand that training is my hobby and I spend a lot of time training them.

These people also think I can just pop round and teach there dog to be like mine in half an hour
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2013, 01:12 PM
I have never been a fan of getting a dog because you like how others have trained theirs I tend to look at normal behaviours and see if that is something we can manage. I'll admit mine are never obedience champions and do what they like within the limit of what we can tolerate. So to others they may appear less than "good" but we don't mind goofy as long as they are not totally out of control.
Crstna81
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-02-2013, 06:13 AM
I agree with what everyone has said, especially Shelterpups and Darcy boy.

My girl, Chillie, has trained me to get her her dinner when it hits 5 pm I find her whining quite endearing Through we have reduced the time from 15 down to 2 mins

I naievely think, a dog is for life. Just like children, you give them the tools for success! You can't just give them away
Crstna81
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-02-2013, 06:17 AM
I wish this forum had a 'like' button like [a social network] :grins: