Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2009, 08:24 PM

I'm on a mission lol

It began this evening. I'm going to report as many d1ckheads on motorbikes/trials bikes/quads/mini motos as I can to the police when I see them on bridleways, in fields and in the woods.

There were 3 young lads on a trials bike tearing up one of the farmers fields this evening while I was walking the hounds.

I got the mobile out (the police number is programmed in ) and spoke really loudly in earshot of them. They soon stopped riding around and walked off. I doubt they were caught, but at least they will have left the area.

So tonight was number one. Wonder how many I'll shop before the winter
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2009, 08:35 PM
good luck hun, they really are a pain in the ass to everyone, stay safe though x
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2009, 08:38 PM
It's ok SHona, I'm dead hard me like

(and Bryan is quite scary you know )
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2009, 08:42 PM
There a bloody nuisance round here too. I remember last year OH was walking Ben and they blasted out of the woods and through the field. Half an hour later he heard a helicopter, yup, the numptie had come off and the air ambulance was there, ended up with a broken leg. Waste of money, they could have been out saving someone seriously injured.
Elaine xx
You go girl!!!
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2009, 01:14 PM
The police finally caught a lad on a mini moto yesterday!

He nearly ran me and both dogs over. I called the police and just found out today from a guy from the allotments that a police car pulled up just as the man (he was late twenties, not a kid!) was coming onto the road.

They took him away in the car. Probably nothing will happen to him, but if we keep ringing they might actually do something about stopping them going round the public footpaths on motorbikes.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2009, 01:39 PM
I'm with you lot They are quite a worry.

My second gripe is fly tippers, why should me and my dog have to contend with all their rubbish in country lanes and fields?
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2009, 02:38 PM
Good on you!! It's nice to know there are people out there trying to make a difference!! Just be careful, some people are cruel and just don't care!

I remember when I still lived with my dad, my dad, stepmum and 2 stepbros took scamp for a walk down the local park and there were travellers staying there. The Travellers let their kids drive their car around the field, and they started chasing my stepbros and the dog and very nearly ran Scamp over! My Dad called the council because it's their park, but they wouldn't do anything, as the travellers were doing some work for the council on the cheap!! It made me so mad! 2 Kids (well, 11 & 17 year olds) and a dog could've been seriously injured, or worse, killed! And it could've happen to anyone!!
Scamp is quite a big dog (collie x Lurcher) and because he is built more like a lurcher he had the speed to away, I'd hate to thing if it had been a smaller not so quick dog, a puppy, or young children!

Even walking the dog is a dangerous thing these days!!!
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2009, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
My second gripe is fly tippers,
That's my second hobby after shopping motorbike riders - shopping fly tippers
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2009, 05:17 PM
Good for you, me too! I caught some horrible little person deliberately chewing up our village football pitch on his mini moto. I photographed it and then made some enquiries and tracked him down to a nearby house so the local bobby could go round for a chat. He threatened to have the bike crushed if he does it again and so far he hasn't.

The world needs more busybodies like us, go Sarah, go!!

bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2009, 06:02 PM
we have a moron who rides his mini moto up n down the park. drives u mad. then he goes into the feild where we all walk our dogs. i have reported him to the police but u hear him out n about most nights. he lives with his grandparents and they buy him what ever he demands.
when we lived in london there was 1 family (yep THE family) and the 2 youngest had them bikes. so they and thier friends used to ride up n down all day and all night.
drove us crazy. reported them to the police and housing ass, and they actully did something in the end.
1 afternoon sticks in my mind. we had my MIL staying, and she drove me nuts lol and all i could hear was her moaning. and then this moron(adult) started up n down the road. so i went steaming out side. gave it to him both barrels. he walked back with his head low. then i turnedand looked up. all the other residents where watching out the window. and gave me a cheer.
so well done u for getting rid of the kids. and carry on.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >