Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
whippet lady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-07-2008, 06:25 PM

wanted dog wheelchair/cart

fort my friends GSD his back legs are not working very well. i live in west sussex
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2008, 07:45 PM
I have a friend who got a cart specially made from America for her Jack Russell when he grew old and lost the proper use of his back legs.

It gave him a good few extra years on his life (he lived till 18 ) and he ran around mad with his cart, he didn't mind it at all! He could hardly move without the cart and had to be lifted from room to room, but when he had his cart on outside he was a different dog.

She has kept the cart in case she needs someone else needing one, though it'll be too small for Fort, unfortunately.

Here is the UK site, you'll find measuring advice on here to find the right size for the dog:

http://www.doggon-uk.com/.

I think these are brilliant and well worth it if the dog is happy wearing one. They can give dogs a whole new quality of life if the mental willingness is still present.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

14-07-2008, 08:33 PM
Here is link to another website for carts harnesses etc. for comparison.

This is the company I used when my little dachshund went off his legs and I found them very helpful and excellent to deal with.
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2008, 08:38 PM
I was talking to someone the other day, their friends puppy newfoundland was paralised and they had a cart made for him. The dog unfortunately was put to sleep a while later. I think the cart has been promised to someone else but i will ask tomorrow for you.
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2008, 09:48 PM
Have pm'd you with a contact number.
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2008, 09:57 PM
Can't pm you for some reason.....not sure if i am missing something or just tired.

Anyway spoke tonight and they still have the wheels available if you contact me i can pass on there telephone number etc. to you.