View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
colliecrazy1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-03-2006, 04:02 PM

ebay - what happens when someone does not pay for item bidded on?

Anyone know what to do if Somone Don,t pay up For an Itam, I have Just Sold my laptop on ebay...Sent invoice..to the person...But still had Nothing in reply from him....Any ideas
Julie
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2006, 06:10 PM
Did you quote an expected payment date, ie within 7 days ? How long since the auction finished ? They may have sent a cheque ?
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-03-2006, 06:59 PM
If they don't pay within ( I think its 14 days ) you can open an unpaid item dispute and if they don't cough up then you get your listing fees back and can relist it Usually if I've not heard anything in 7 days I send a mail saying ''you bid and won this item what are your intentions ? ''..they usually reply lol
colliecrazy1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-03-2006, 08:53 PM
Its Been 10days since the End of Bidding.....and Nothing has Come From this person, I would of thought they would have Bye Now......
Julie
colliecrazy1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-03-2006, 12:36 PM
Hi everyone, Need some Help, But Can,t Remember How to start a Thread.....

Now i have a Problem with E-bay member that Won A Winning Bid for laptop, After 3 Wks He Decided To tell me he Know longer wants it and he,s Not paying for it either as He,s Bought another all ready, Any Advise would be helpful, I Contacted EBAY BUT THEY HAVE NOT GOT BACK TO ME EITHER, Help im Stressed out as e-bay has Already taken the Money from My account for the amount for putting it on the listing..
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2006, 01:40 PM
I wouldn't send anything out until payment was received
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-03-2006, 01:56 PM
You want to tell them that the item was sold but not paid for that the person that should of bought it refused to pay for it so it was not sold cause no money was exchanged so they shouldn't of taken their money.
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2006, 01:57 PM
File an unpaid item dispute - when ebay is satisfied that the sale didn't take place through no fault of your own, you will be paid back any listing fees It's happened to me before, it may take a week or so to complete but you won't be out of pocket for your listing fees
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2006, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by colliecrazy1
Hi everyone, Need some Help, But Can,t Remember How to start a Thread.....

Now i have a Problem with E-bay member that Won A Winning Bid for laptop, After 3 Wks He Decided To tell me he Know longer wants it and he,s Not paying for it either as He,s Bought another all ready, Any Advise would be helpful, I Contacted EBAY BUT THEY HAVE NOT GOT BACK TO ME EITHER, Help im Stressed out as e-bay has Already taken the Money from My account for the amount for putting it on the listing..
Log onto Ebay go to 'my ebay' look to the left hand column...Look for 'all selling' click that, then on the page that brings up look to the left column again and scroll till you see 'dispute console'...Click that, then click 'report an unpaid item' and go from there. Hope that helps