Our sister sites
ume chika
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-12-2010, 03:00 PM

Does your dog dream?

reading this article
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/.../do-dogs-dream
and it struck me that you can tell when our jack is dreaming because he makes a light hwoof woof woof noise and his legs jerk. i can usually tell when he has chasing dreams as his legs move gently like he is chasing someone/or something. He also had what we think was nightmare once where he woke and darted up looking panicked and we had to calm him down before he would get back to sleep.
anyone else have similar experiences?
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 03:36 PM
Yes, my dogs dream
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 04:03 PM
Hi i posted a similar thread a while back asking if they can have nightmares the resounding answer is YES! Have just updated my thread so you can read through the answers on that if you like.You will see that lots of dogsey dogs have bad dreams!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-12-2010, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by ume chika View Post
anyone else have similar experiences?
Oh yes definately. We have two dogs and they both dream, as you say you can see their legs moving, and often a little woof or sort of howl

When they were younger they both also had one or two nightmares and woke up looking confused and we had to calm them down.

Neither has had a bad dream for several years, I sometimes wonder if it's because they are both now really settled and happy in our home.

I would ike to ask if people recommend waking a dog when it is obviously dreaming is it advisable
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-12-2010, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by EGYPTGAL View Post
Hi i posted a similar thread a while back asking if they can have nightmares the resounding answer is YES! Have just updated my thread so you can read through the answers on that if you like.You will see that lots of dogsey dogs have bad dreams!
I'll go have a look now.
Tinglesnark
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-12-2010, 05:20 PM
every dog i have ever had has had dreams Del is no exception
dp wont allow her to dream and gently rouses her...personally i think that every girl must have her dreams
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 05:32 PM
My dog dreams too, contented ones now though(i think)very different to the ones she had when first brought her home when she seemed distressed.
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 05:46 PM
All my dogs have dreams with my BC having the most. He used to sleep on my bed and nearly every night without fail, just as I was going to sleep he would start to dream with the high pitched woofing and legs running.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-12-2010, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by Tinglesnark View Post
every dog i have ever had has had dreams Del is no exception
dp wont allow her to dream and gently rouses her...personally i think that every girl must have her dreams
We are the same, I think they should be allowed to dream, but OH likes to gently wake them, can't see the point myself but all us humans have different ideas I suppose.
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 05:59 PM
Rolo dreams and his legs jerk and for the first time last night he 'hoof hoofed' in his sleep, we dont wake him but a gentle stroke settles the more vivid ones down.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >