Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tarimoor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-02-2011, 08:44 PM

Pedigree Dogs presenter exposed!

Haven't been on for a while, been busy, but has anyone else seen the articles about Miss Harrison, the presenter of the PDE programme, who has made a most unfortunate faux pas? Pleased to post the article if I'm allowed
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 08:50 PM
You are running behind---DD already has.

It makes interesting reading but not quite what I expected.

It seems the top winning dogs picture was one of many----at least I think that is what it says??

rune
Tarimoor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-02-2011, 09:16 PM
I thought I might be, I read the article early yesterday, but have been too busy to cross post everywhere.

In a post on another forum, she defends posting the picture by saying that it was to show how the breed has changed, however, that didn't correspond to her blog entry apparently.

The fact is, it took her 24 hours to be persuaded to take off the images of a dog she didn't own, and remove the inaccurate text. She shouldn't ever have made any claims about anyone else's dog, without first approaching them, but she did, and it got into the public domain. Now it appears she's trying to pin the blame on the person that sent one of her flyers to one of the co-owners of the dog.
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 09:50 PM
She has been a bit sloppy with her research and told a few porkie pies

http://www.ourdogs.co.uk/mobile/news..._Recordset1=89
cesky2000
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-02-2011, 05:53 PM
I'm afraid Ms Harrison doesn't seem to believe that the laws of libel and copyright actually apply to her. She has used many copyright photographs on her blog - often to denigrate the actual dogs depicted and stolen off breeders' websites. When challenged, she first claimed that she was entitled to use them because her blog is hosted in the US, and American copyright law is slightly different. When challenged further she simply removed the photographs, with no further comment.

It seems that accuracy and research don't matter to this lady, she follows the tabloid journalist's maxim that it is unimportant how outrageous your claims are as long as you get your story over, since you can always withdraw and even 'apologise' for your mistaken information - but by then the damage to a dog's reputation is already done.
rubylover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-02-2011, 06:04 PM
I've been following a champ dogs thread on this, and it appears Jemima rightfully owes an apology, which was given, but the Ourdogs article is off as well.

Particularly interesting was a post on page four by Doglicious explaining why the American breeder would not be wanting to sue. #pid1215778

The thread can be found on the forum for those interested.
"The fact is, it took her 24 hours to be persuaded to take off the images of a dog she didn't own, and remove the inaccurate text"
Tarimoor, which innacurate text are you speaking of? Can you recall as I followed that blog post and comments, and my observation was that there was no text removed, as there was none to remove, just a photo which was amongst others.

I've also followed her posts, #pid1215560 & #pid1215662 and read no 'pinning the blame'. If you could enlighten, is there even another thread where she has posted?

Ruby
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 06:17 PM
I read it as just being a picture amongst others as well----I did ask but no one answered.

rune
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 06:17 PM
Wow 56 reads and not one comment, I am surprised.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 06:19 PM
probably because this has already been brought up in at least two other threads !
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 06:20 PM
I think its possibly because this was posted in the crufts thread, and another thread was also done about it with just a few replies.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >