View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2008, 04:57 PM
I don't recognise their birthdays, they would think I had gone mad if I did anything different, they are perfectly happy with a normal day of walks and play.
Anyway, we would have nobody to invite!

PS regarding posts that take a different view, I don't find those offensive - aren't people allowed to express an opinion?
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2008, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by Deccy View Post
I don't recognise their birthdays, they would think I had gone mad if I did anything different, they are perfectly happy with a normal day of walks and play.

PS regarding posts that take a different view, I don't find those offensive - aren't people allowed to express an opinion?
I don't have a problem with anyone, like yoursef, to express a different opinion, in a manner which doesnt offend people, but Nickyboy was offensive in the manner which he posted.

Example :

"I personally think it's silly to have doggy birthdays and can't see the point" (General comment made, of a personal opinion, no directed at anyone in particular)

"Are you kidding me, seriuosly, do YOU have birthdays for your dogs ? I'm gonna buy my dog a Playstation cos he wants one !!!!! " (or similar) sarcastic, ridiculing and belittling myself and ZB which was directed at both of us personally, and he gave no personal opinion on the matter at all)
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2008, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by Deccy View Post

Yes without being offensive.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2008, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by nickyboy View Post
haha come on you dont have birthday parties...not really.....

do you?

DO YOU ??????
People celebrate there birthdays , There childrens birthdays , Why not there dogs ?
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2008, 06:26 PM
Lady birthday is March as is Beau , Lady gets new toys and treats as she dont like cake doggy or otherwise and a day out just me amnd her , The same for Beau , Skye gets the same Her birthday is July , I spend quality time with them on there own as appossed to taken them all out together like I do everyday xdk
nickyboy
Dogsey Senior
Male 

10-06-2008, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by dollyknockers View Post
People celebrate there birthdays , There childrens birthdays , Why not there dogs ?
hi dolly knockers - i was only trying to have a bit of a joke, misjudged a lot of peoples reactions to it, im sure most people done the buying xmas stockings from pet shop etc for their dogs, i dont celebrate mines birthdays, do celebrate my kids birthdays but see them rather differently. I was genuinely having a joke and little taken aback that some people didnt see it that way.
im also not a sexist pig by some of my jovial remarks i made on another thread today, that too was just having a laugh and as no one stooped to actually take the trouble to lodge a complaint???? about it i can assume they too took my comments as a joke.
I thought forums were allowed to be interspersed with a bit of banter as are they also allowed to include people who think the idea of having a birthday party is as ludicrous as those that think it is perfectly normal are entitled to their opinion.
Was my intention to be offensive, quite the opposite, and though i didnt come out and say sorry in simple terms, several of my comments were blatantly intended to make ammends and soften any wrong interpretation of my sarcy comments.
Im sorry there were those that felt the need to actually make a complaint.
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2008, 07:51 PM
oh i really had to think on that hun and i would ssay i think i would have to have a party each, more party's the better....lol sorry but u have to party when you can now days girl. lol
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2008, 08:27 PM
come on - this isnt a real thread is it?
And why not!
haha come on you dont have birthday parties...not really.....

do you?

DO YOU ??????
Yep...but we are just ''''fluffy females'''
Ok youre right

I think I am going to get Paddy driving lessons, he wants a PS3 - but he never played with the Xbox I got him....

Im not having a party though, I think Ill just give him some money and let him and his friends go down the harvester....
PMSL at that.......
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4