Our sister sites
Our sister sites
monosyllabic
Dogsey Junior
Male 

10-06-2008, 02:45 PM

This is the reason i always carry a stick when out walking

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/to...-to.4168242.jp

This story shows what can happen when dogs are let to run lose.
I had a dog at me and my old dog for over 20 min trying to bite me and my dog. when the owner turned up he just told me to mind my buisness.So i always carry a stick to defend me and my dog from that point on.
It's so horrible to hear something like this happening.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2008, 05:07 PM
Such a horrible thing to happen.
I'm wary of dog owners that carry sticks. I've had two occasions when one of mine was given a thump by a dog owners carrying a stick when going over to say hello to their dogs.

Both dogs offlead and no signs of aggresion from the dogs, only the stick welding owners!!
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2008, 07:29 PM
What an awful ordeal for both dogs and of course to owner such a tragic incident.

I carry a ball launcher for Max so I could always use that if it ever came down to it, I'd never want to hurt another dog but if it was a choice between my dog or the other dog, I know which one I'd choose.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2008, 08:01 PM
I use a stick in case of aggressive dogs but not to thump, just to use as a barrier or to push the other dog away. That won't always work I know, but I don't want to thump a dog unless I have to.
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2008, 08:02 PM
thats so sad how terrible ,so upsetting for the owners
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2008, 08:03 PM
its a very sad situation and sadly once again its a staffie that is to blame or being blamed. i hope that they find the owner of this dog and hold them responsible.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2008, 08:09 PM
How sad..my heart goes out to the owner & her dogs, such an awful thing to witness her pets getting attacked like that Hope the little one RIP x
monosyllabic
Dogsey Junior
Male 

10-06-2008, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by Evie View Post
Such a horrible thing to happen.
I'm wary of dog owners that carry sticks. I've had two occasions when one of mine was given a thump by a dog owners carrying a stick when going over to say hello to their dogs.

Both dogs offlead and no signs of aggresion from the dogs, only the stick welding owners!!
I would never hit another dog unless i had to but have used it more like a barrier to keep an agressive dog away. I have only used it once and that was about 20 min ago.

I live 10 min away from tranent (where this dog was killed) so most people i met on my walk tonight had their dog on a lead and the few i spoke to were really worried about this happening to them. So just as i am heading home i let Fido off the lead in a grassed area next to dalkeith high school and was playing with him then this Irish setter came bounding up so i put Fido on the lead. But the other dog would not leave us alone and was snapping at us so i stood there for 10 min and still no owner. So i clipped the other dog then the owner turned up and tried to say it was Fido's fault cause he is part staffy.

I really think everyone that wants a dog should be checked out by the police or at least a disclosure before buying dog.Because good dog owners are getting dragged through the mud by a few idiots.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2008, 09:49 PM
Never noticed this..posted another thread sorry..

I live in Tranent..So I am very wary!..I do have big feet though..AND I will protect my dogs
tessakaine
New Member!
Female 

10-06-2008, 09:52 PM
There is a man who regularly walks in the local West Park. He has no dog but carries a large stick. A freind of mine was walking her lurcher and the chap hit him with the stick for no reason. When my friend had a go at him he claimed he didnt speak english.

A few days later the same thing happened and her dog growled at him.

The local dog warden got involved and the man was told to walk elsewhere.

On talking to some other lone female dog walkers it turns out the her dog was not the only one to be attacked by this lunatic with a stick.

It would only have been a matter of time before someones dog had him. adn then he would have blamed the dog. there are some evil people in the world and he was one of them.

I know this is slightly off topic but my friend told me about it and i am a little wound up.

As for that dog attack. I know for one i would willingly put myself between a hellion like that and my dog. I know its not always possible.

I do hope the lady invloed is ok and her remaing dog is making a swift recover in both mind and body.

Tess
x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >