View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
musky
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-01-2011, 02:47 PM
Poppy yes she would, she eats anything, anytime, from anyone.
Bruce no, he is still a little nervous around strangers and has to be introduced before he would except a treat or fuss.
Megan would if she liked the treat, she is very fussy, it would have to be the right treat.
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 02:52 PM
Actively mugging. Hmmm you mean like this?

(Only the small light-colored dog was this lady's...the rest didn't know her, but she had hot dogs!! Dahlia is the closest to the camera.)
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 02:56 PM
Mine knows no shame. He'd have a good career in politics - if in doubt sit, look appeallingly innocent and offer to shake hands... the bottom-sniffing might not win the votes though!
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 02:59 PM
Yes I think so.

Dexter adores people; when we're walking along the street he will pause and try to make eye contact with people passing by. He loves meeting new people and being a Lab, I think his idea of heaven would be getting food from a new 'friend'

That being said, I would never let anyone just give him a treat unless they had asked me first - and even then only if it's a food I am happy for him to have.
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 03:06 PM
Unfortunately Barney will take any vaguely edible thing from any vaguely looking human shape but Wilma, no, she'll chuck her ball at any stranger's feet but is less interested in food.

I always carry tasty treats & have often been the "muggee". There's one elderly small dog that I sometimes see when I'm out walking who has trained me beautifully. It started once when I was in the process of doing some training with my two & this dog wandered over & sat bang in front of me. I asked the owner if the dog could have a treat & so I gave her a piece of whatever I was carrying. This dog has the memory of an elephant & the sight of a hawk ~ wherever I am & however far away, it comes trotting over for it's treat. Unfortunately it now follows me, barking loudly for more! As the owner is elderly I always end up walking back to him to return his dog so he can put it in a lead to go home. Not funny if the owner's at the top of a hill!
Sosha
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 03:19 PM
I own a furry four-legged vacuum cleaner. When I first got him he wouldn't take anything from anyone. Now it depends. Someone I've invited in - yes. Out and about - Kids - Yes, Women - yes (especially if they have a dog with them), Men - Maybe - they'd have to do a fair bit of coaxing to get him to come over. Again he's more trusting if they have a dog. Loves men best I think - just learnt to be wary until proved otherwise.
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

28-01-2011, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Ozzie refuses,he will drop it if given by someone he does not know yet i can pick up the same treat from the floor give him it and he will eat it ..
Any idea why?
What would your dogs do??
My youngest border collie is like this, I think its a trust thing really, he's not really interested in people (other than those he knows well) and not foody so has no real need to accept treats from strangers.

My old jrt only eats certain food anyway but will take from strangers, however he dislikes dog treats so rarely gets anything!

Jacca will eat anything offered by anyone lol.

Adam
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 03:25 PM
Ozzy definitely Ludi still learning to meet strangers but I am sure he would
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by Crysania View Post
Actively mugging. Hmmm you mean like this?

(Only the small light-colored dog was this lady's...the rest didn't know her, but she had hot dogs!! Dahlia is the closest to the camera.)
LOL---that sort of thing but maybe a little more active!

rune
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

28-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Jacca does his Eddie jump (fraser) if given even mild encouragment, it nearly always works.

Adam
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >