Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2012, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I have no problem at all in people disagreeing with me. I take exception to the fact that people make assumptions that dogs that live outside are less loved, valued and are mistreated in some way.

There is no right and wrong in this situation, just matters of opinion.
TBH I can't see how they can possibly be as loved as my dogs who live inside, sharing every aspect of my life - just not possible.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-07-2012, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Do you?
Because if you don't then you can't really argue that the dog has to put up with the weather..
Yet you are putting up an argument that the dog is Ok, but you know about as much as I do

All we know is the dog is chained to a kennel, its allowed of the chain a few times a day and spends its nights on the chain in the kennel

If you are OK with that fine, I am not.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2012, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
No one has said that. This is about chains.
OK then, I take exception to the fact that dogs that are chained part of the time are less loved, valued and are mistreated in some way.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2012, 08:05 PM
But Moobli's dogs are chained - I can see where she might take offence.
Well Moobli's OH's dogs are chained As I have said before, my dogs are not chained and nor do they live outdoors. My preference.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2012, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Yet you are putting up an argument that the dog is Ok, but you know about as much as I do

All we know is the dog is chained to a kennel, its allowed of the chain a few times a day and spends its nights on the chain in the kennel

If you are OK with that fine, I am not.
Well I can tell you more now..

A text from Clo received a minute ago.

"The kennel is raised and placed on the side of a building so is sheltered"

Therefore
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2012, 08:06 PM
But Moobli's dogs are chained - I can see where she might take offence.
Yep and my thoughts on it have already been made clear in the past, they are not a shock to her.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

08-07-2012, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
OK then, I take exception to the fact that dogs that are chained part of the time are less loved, valued and are mistreated in some way.
That`s fine, its your prerogative to think that way, just as its others prerogative to think the opposite.

Its beyond me why anyone would chain their dogs up for long periods at a time.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

08-07-2012, 08:08 PM
Well I can tell you more now..

A text from Clo received a minute ago.

"The kennel is raised and placed on the side of a building so is sheltered"

Therefore
Now thers a surprise
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2012, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
TBH I can't see how they can possibly be as loved as my dogs who live inside, sharing every aspect of my life - just not possible.
A WSD who is doing the very thing it was bred to do, running 70 miles a day (taken from a study I read many years ago) doing the very thing it loves the most, who has a warm, dry shelter, is well fed and well cared for and you think it's left wanting?!

Why would a dog like that want to share every aspect of some boring human beings life??? And before you get your knickers in a twist the boring human being I was referring to was Kirsty!

As much as you love your dogs it's pretty clear to me you humanise them way too much and know nothing about working dogs and their drives!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

08-07-2012, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
A WSD who is doing the very thing it was bred to do, running 70 miles a day (taken from a study I read many years ago) doing the very thing it loves the most, who has a warm, dry shelter, is well fed and well cared for and you think it's left wanting?!

Why would a dog like that want to share every aspect of some boring human beings life??? And before you get your knickers in a twist the boring human being I was referring to was Kirsty!

As much as you love your dogs it's pretty clear to me you humanise them way too much and know nothing about working dogs and their drives!
So don`t working dogs have an infinity with their owners , and want to be with or near them at all times!!
Page 40 of 50 « First < 30 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 > Last »