Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2007, 11:37 AM

Ewww Rancid Nature Diet

For weeks now theres been a faint nasty smell around my hall by the front door,We've had everything out,shoes,coats that are by the door,everything from under the stairs trying to figure out what it is,I've even got down on my hands and knees and smelt every step up the stairs (the only place where i have carpet) just in case one of the Beags has had an accident that i missed,We have even discussed pulling up the laminate tiles in the hall even though i knew it was all clean before it went down !
This smell has been driving me mad for ages,well today i finally discoved what it was
I have a small bookcase in the hall that i'd put there a while ago,it had all daisy's whelping equipment on there,fresh blankets,all the babys things,scales food etc....On top of it i'd put Three large boxes of Nature diet puppy each with 18 trays of food in ,well ,i went to open the last box today and as soon as i cut open the plastic that surrounds the cardboard the most unbelievably rancid,sewage smell hit me,i honestly don't think i have ever smelt anything as bad ever (and that includes fox poo ) I've checked every pack and they are all sealed no holes nothing but you can see on the white underside the colour of mould etc through it on most of them,I've had to treble bin bag it and put it in the bin shed,that was half hour ago and my kitchen still smells terrible,have rang up my pet food lady and shes going to speak to the wholesalers she uses,They are in date until next summer,Hope i get my money back or a replacement !!! This is not the first time i've had dodgey food from ND or problems getting hold of it,i'm seriously starting to think about changing foods now,such a shame as its normally a really good food and mine have thrived on it !!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2007, 11:40 AM
I think I remember someone else posting about it too. Unless that was you of course. I`m sure you should get your money back.It is sold as "not fit for purpose".
running cloud
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-12-2007, 11:43 AM
I would go directly to the manufacturer as they usual compensate better!Also they need to know this as quickly as possible!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2007, 11:44 AM
Ewww:smt078

At least you have now found the problem & the smell should go away.

It's a bit worrying about the food isn't it - I'm sure I read on another thead about the problems othe people were having - makes you wonder whether something has changed at the manufactorers (and not for the better).
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2007, 11:51 AM
Yuk, I hope you get your money back, this is the very reason we stopped getting Nature Diet, just too many of them were off when we opened them, even though they were well within their best before date, this has only happened since they moved, lucky you didn't actually open any of them as they had gone soggy and slimey :smt078
tova
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-12-2007, 01:16 PM
I use ND too and in almost every box I get at least one pack is blown. It happens so regularly it's hardly worth running back to the pet shop all the time as it costs more in petrol money and time than it's worth- but it is very frustrating nonetheless.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2007, 01:52 PM
I had trouble with getting it, and this was direct from ND themselves, so I changed food. Going by this post, and others of the same ilk, I'm not sorry .....
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2007, 12:22 AM
We had one that swelled up with gas . I don't feed it anymore but we did get our money back on it.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2007, 01:02 AM
Natures Diet did a recall a while ago and were advertising in pet shops for certain batch numbers of trays to be returned, so maybe you had one of the boxes that should have been returned.

I would contact them direct. Their food is normally really good and they never quibble over comp and returns etc.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2007, 06:15 AM
I actually emailed them about this thread, but they have failed to respond.......
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >