Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2008, 05:40 PM

Tenerife

Anyone been to Tenerife? Would like to know if safe for us to take our three year old Grandson with us, have seen a hotel on outskirts of Playa des Americas would go half board there but my sister tells me Tenerife dirty, beach dirty and not suitable for a 3 yr old, so, thought best thing ask my Dogsey pals if anyone been and what they thought of it, many thanks all x
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-05-2008, 05:59 PM
We go to Tenerife a lot as the mother and father in law have a house there. We stay at El Medano (southern tip of the Island) which is a quiet place and Hannah has been going from age 3. The beach has loads of kids from babies onwards. Eating out with little ones is also fine.

Playa is a lot busier though but the nightclub type scene is very late - probably after a 3 year olds bed time. If Playa beach is not suitable (I'll check with Karen) there's plenty of quieter beach spots along the South coast.

Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2008, 07:25 PM
I've been to the northern side, where Mount Teide is situated. It can be wet, hence the lush vegetation, but I'm not a sun worshipper, so it suited me.
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2008, 08:48 PM
Thanks Phil and Vikki, right we are going, Hannah a real cutie, hope Toby enjoys it as much as Hannah seems to, we are oldies but will give him a great time, give us another chance to behave silly too hee hee thanks again really appreciate replies and help x
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2008, 08:59 PM
My Uncle and Gran both live there and say it's wonderful. In all the photos they've sent over, I've never seen the beach dirty etc !
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2008, 07:47 AM
Torremolinos used to have a bad reputation but we love it, its clean, food good in hotel and locals friendly, grafitti on train lines etc but nothing to moan about so maybe Teneriffe the same now, anyway we hope to get booked up today as need this holiday and promised little one we would take him this year, he has never built a sandcastle etc so is excited. Was just concerned about comments from family as did not want to take him somewhere where he could get ill, we know he can get ill anywhere but we will be careful and really appreciate your help in this. x
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2008, 10:28 AM
I think people's experiences of holidays can be so very different.

My in-laws have been to Tenerife each and every year for the past 10 years and love it.

We really like Gran Canaria (Maspolomas) fantastic for winter sun - and apart from the sand dunes very easy to get around.

Glad you have decided to book, and wish you all very happy holidays xx
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2008, 01:27 PM
weve been playa de las americas

and stayed at parqui santiago 3 - (spelling!!!!!)

loved it,,!! i was 10 and 11 t the tmie (went twice) over x mas and new year

beaches are lovely, lots to do,,,