Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2006, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
Not with my friend who lost all three of her dogs with PC & none reached 4 let alone 5

It is not an urban myth btw castration does not protect your dog from prostate ccancer only testicular cncer as obviously he will have no testicles for it to develop in, I could scan in a world wide survey of over 20,000 dogs which was split 50/50 entire & non entire which showed PC was not common but higher in non entire dogs than entire Sadly my scanner is on the blink again.

It is noticable that pro early castration sites do have the opposite results to those not linked directly to veterinary practices !

Joedee, I specifically left that in the quote where it says :

`Neutering will have no effect on the incidence of cancer, but remember this is very rare`

I did not say it lessens the risk but the evidence from vets, which has to be the only true source imo, is that it makes no difference either way.

I know several people who lost entire dogs to it, mainly Labs - but I`m not going to claim that makes all entire Labs high risk. Yes, your friend has been exceptionally unlucky, but thats what it is - sheer bad luck
Were they all from the same breed lines, just out of interest ? [ you did say they were from breeders ? ].
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3