Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2006, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by Adele4dan
Hi
Does anyone have any ideas???,
Iv come home from work and Greg has insect bite type things all up his legs and on his back, called the vet cant fit me in until tomorrow evening. He also smells funny, kind of like sweat. The vets said probably fleas but he isnt scratching, has no sign of flea dirt and is all up to date on his flea stuff.
Does anyone know what it might be to ease my mind?? he looks horrid with lots of bumps all over him:smt022 :smt022 :smt022 ( to my knowledge he hasnt rolled in anything, hasnt been off his lead for over a week)
Strange, I've been meaning to ask the same question. Cassie flipped over for a tummy tickle the other day and she has about 3 red spots on her tummy, looks like she's been bitten by something. She's not scratching and they're not bothering her at all. Seem to be fading on their own. Thought it maybe something in the long grass where we walk her as it's been so dry. Hope you get him sorted soon.
Adele4dan
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-08-2006, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by Annestaff
Here the thread I made when Cassy was covered in them

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=35896

Since Cassy had her lumpy episode Harvey had some a few weeks later just the same, within 12 hours all Harvey's were gone. Never got to the bottom of what caused them
hi thanks I read through your post, they are not as big as the ones on cassy, and there are not as many but spokily the plant in the pictures looks similar to one growing in my garden, so im gonna go pull it out! He has had some piriton and they have gone down quite a bit, got vets appoint tomorrow evening so hopefully get to the bottom of it.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2006, 07:13 PM
I've just done a Google on it and it sounds like ant-bites could be the cause, here was a tip on how to reduce the swelling!

Bee Stings - The sting should be removed with tweezers, do not squeeze. A compress, made from 15ml chamomile water and 5ml bicarbonate of soda should be applied every couple of hours until swelling subsides.

Ant bites - Use the same method as bee stings

It would be worth a try? On a Boxer forum someone suggested using Benadryl?
Adele4dan
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-08-2006, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by Ozzysmom
I've just done a Google on it and it sounds like ant-bites could be the cause, here was a tip on how to reduce the swelling!

Bee Stings - The sting should be removed with tweezers, do not squeeze. A compress, made from 15ml chamomile water and 5ml bicarbonate of soda should be applied every couple of hours until swelling subsides.

Ant bites - Use the same method as bee stings

It would be worth a try? On a Boxer forum someone suggested using Benadryl?
Thanks for the info, after taking piraton the swelling has gone down a bit, after having good look i cannot find anything in the lumps to remove! Vets all full up in the morning so go to wait until 2mora evening to find otu what it is, hopefully he will be ok, I do worry about him
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2006, 08:26 PM
My vet told me the safest human anti-histamine for dogs is Loratadin- 1 mg per kg of body weight- not sure about brand names but thats the one to use.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2006, 10:04 PM
hi adele

in answer to ur question - the berry big bites dont really seem to make him scratch them in so much as I think they get a bit hot - he doesnt itch - only if if he gets bitten on the scruff of his neck - he normally gets them in his armpits and front paws and on his scruff - sometimes round the eyes too.

The vet just gave him a steriod injection and suggestion piriton and cooling bath.
we assuem its berry bugs but have never got to bottom of it either as he doesnt seem to get it from garden as nothing in their thats unusual or not normally there.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2