Our sister sites
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-04-2008, 03:20 PM
This an exract from the APGAW report. The racing industry contributed to that report and indeed welcomed it.
Figures suggest that between 2002 and 2004, an
average of 2,478 British bred dogs were earmarked
by the NGRC but never made it to NGRC tracks.
There will be a much larger number of dogs that
are bred to supply the British market in Ireland but
are never registered for NGRC racing.
A small number of these young dogs may go on
to race only on independent tracks and a number
may be rehomed. However, in the absence of any
evidence to the contrary, we must assume that
a significant number of these youngsters are
destroyed each year.

Are you suggesting that an All Parliamentary Group for Animal Welfare are gulity of propaganda?

It is indeed the NGRC who are guilty of propaganda as they are very eager to declare how under 10,000 greyhounds are now coming on to NGRC tracks, but fail to declare how many were bred, how many were earmarked and therefore how many puppies were needed to be bred to produce the 10,000 greyhounds that can be trained to perform in what can only be described as 'open air circuses' , otherwise know as NGRC tracks.
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-04-2008, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the link to the William Hill Dreby.
I notice the winning trainer in the 1st semi final was the much acclaimed Graham Calvert, lesser known for his court appearances regarding drugs and firearms.
Northumbria Police confirmed that Mr Calvert was awaiting trial at Newcastle Crown Court, on a date to be fixed, where he faces firearms and drugs charges.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sea...rms_charge.php

I wonder what or who he needed the drugs for?
spot
Dogsey Veteran

13-04-2008, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by galty View Post
Jodie

Pick you up on this point.

A Fact you state 2,478 dogs ear marked dogs never made it to NGRC tracks.

Have to ask you with the points below can you prove me wrong.

How many of these where breed for coursing(Not so many in the future thanks to tree huggers)
How many went to the 16 + flapping tracks.

How many who never graded where re-homed.

How many who never graded where PTS
Actually I would like YOU to answer these questions. As someone involved in this industry surely you should know

Originally Posted by galty View Post
I have given my experience(you have none... only links) of a litter I breed, out of a litter of 5... 3 made it to the track, one died and one was re homed.

As I have said before its pure Propaganda.
So Im confused, where as Ian and Dawn are saying things do need to change you are saying its all lies and propaganda, the government, the top people in the industry even are say all lying and that no dogs are pts no puppy are disposed of and all retired greyhounds are either rehomed or taken home - sorry but do you really expect people to take you seriously?

Oh and stop with the tree hugging thing- I do have an interest in what you have to say but always feel that when people have to resort to name calling and silly little slogans they have either lost the arguement or do not have the vocabulary to continue in a civil manner.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JsaHz4R8m9c
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-04-2008, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
Thanks for the link to the William Hill Dreby.
I notice the winning trainer in the 1st semi final was the much acclaimed Graham Calvert, lesser known for his court appearances regarding drugs and firearms.
Northumbria Police confirmed that Mr Calvert was awaiting trial at Newcastle Crown Court, on a date to be fixed, where he faces firearms and drugs charges.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sea...rms_charge.php

I wonder what or who he needed the drugs for?
who cares whats that got to do with greyhound racing
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-04-2008, 06:11 PM
What a defeatist attitude. No doubt you will have said blacks/women/gays will never have the same rights as white straight men and dog fighting, hare coursing and hunting will never be banned.
I dont know what figures you are refering to but you are indeed blessed if you have ever only known one puppy killed. Again the All Parliamentary Group for Animal Welfare (2007) concluded that ‘an average of 2,478 British bred dogs were earmarked by the NGRC but never made it to NGRC tracks’ and ‘we must assume that a significant number of these youngsters are destroyed each year’.
As the UK only breeds 25% of greyhounds for the Uk market, it would be a fair calculation that another minimum of 7,434 puppies were killed in Ireland to supply the UK market.
Please wake up to the reality of this abusive industry.
How can you call yourself a dog lover when you support an industry that is responsible for these poor creatures.......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIInZ80tnFo
you keep resorting to insulting people and putting words in their mouth you will get nowhere.
and if you are going to quote facts they need to be facts and not assumtions
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-04-2008, 06:17 PM

Rather than go over things that have been said on this thread, perhaps just go through all the anti posts, as I blieve this gives more than enough reasons why it should be banned.

Hi Suze
Well thats where you and me disagree. I and many other supporters believe that greyhound racing will be banned.
Its not a matter of who wins or loses, its not a fight. I campaign to educate people on the reality and the truths of greyhound racing. The fact that so many greyhounds die on the tracks or are euthanased because their injury is uneconomical to treat. Lots of healthy greyhounds are slaughtered after racing because there just arent the homes for all the greyhounds. For every puppy that makes it to the tracks another puppy will have been culled because it wont chase or perform. These are all acceptable senarios in greyhound racing. No amount of rules or regulations are ever going to change these issues, they will always be a problem, whether the industry is self regulated or independently regulated.
how is telling someone not to read all the opinions just yours fair education
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-04-2008, 06:24 PM
Graham Calvert has been heavily fined twice for 'positive samples' found in his greyhounds.
(That means on two occasions his greyhounds were drugged)
http://www.ngrc.org.uk/inq_bank.asp?a=srch

‘we must assume that a significant number of these youngsters are destroyed each year’.
This is not MY assumption it was the conclusion of the British Government during an inquiry which was called after the exposure of David Smith slaughtering an estimated 10,000 greyhounds.

Please tell me who I have insulted?
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

13-04-2008, 06:24 PM

Are you suggesting that an All Parliamentary Group for Animal Welfare are gulity of propaganda?

NO was repling to this comment of yours.

As the UK only breeds 25% of greyhounds for the Uk market, it would be a fair calculation that another minimum of 7,434 puppies were killed.

You assume that ALL those 2478 dogs that did not make the track that they where killed.
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-04-2008, 06:30 PM
I assume nothing...as Ive said before it was the APGAW report who assume this.

‘we must assume that a significant number of these youngsters are destroyed each year’.
Page 15 of 157 « First < 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 65 115 > Last »