10-06-2007, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by dollyknockers View Post
apologies excepted ,

me too
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2007, 10:34 AM
Colin, the quote you've provided does not mention anything about ongoing medical treatment, just that any person, as log as they are directed by a vet, can inject an animal.
The quote you've provided could also be taken the other way to the extreme in that it says that no treatment that involes intrusion into the body can be administered, so technically anyone giving pain killers etc can fall under that clause too, after all a tablet into the stomach is indeed intrusion into the animals body 'technically'.
The way I see it is that as long as you are directed by a vet then you are able to vaccinate your own dogs.
With regards the claim that a vet wouldn't vaccinate a puppy that isn't 100% healthy then we know that isn't true. I've heard time and again of vets giving vaccinations to pups who have upset stomachs and have just put the upset down to having recently changed homes etc.
With regards to the vaccination certificate say wuthorised signature, can anyone point me to where it says what an authorised signature is?
Becky
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2007, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Colin, the quote you've provided does not mention anything about ongoing medical treatment, just that any person, as log as they are directed by a vet, can inject an animal.
The quote you've provided could also be taken the other way to the extreme in that it says that no treatment that involes intrusion into the body can be administered, so technically anyone giving pain killers etc can fall under that clause too, after all a tablet into the stomach is indeed intrusion into the animals body 'technically'.
The way I see it is that as long as you are directed by a vet then you are able to vaccinate your own dogs.
With regards the claim that a vet wouldn't vaccinate a puppy that isn't 100% healthy then we know that isn't true. I've heard time and again of vets giving vaccinations to pups who have upset stomachs and have just put the upset down to having recently changed homes etc.
With regards to the vaccination certificate say wuthorised signature, can anyone point me to where it says what an authorised signature is?
Becky
Good point becky
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-06-2007, 11:29 AM
Becky

No body said all vets get it right all the time, and as we all know their are vets out their we would`nt touch with a barge pole!!! you get some good and some bad, same as in all walks of life.

As the Authorised signature, one would assume, as you are having a medical procedure done, (having medication given) you would ecpect the Authorised signature to be a member of said profession.

If you get married, the marriage certificate has to be signed (authorised) by a registrer , not the person who is getting married, it will become nil and void if that happened.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2007, 11:31 AM
But that's just an assumption, the authorised signature could quite simply be the one administering the vaccination?
Becky
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-06-2007, 12:53 PM
But that's just an assumption, the authorised signature could quite simply be the one administering the vaccination?
Becky
Which will /should be the one who is qualified to administer the vaccination. who in turn will be the authorised signature!

If we all decide to authorise our own documents, things would go pear shaped.

you need a Registrar to sign and legalize a wedding certificate,

a Coroner to sign a death certificate, a Doctor to sign a sick note (after self certificate) we need a vet to sign a pet passport, and so on... we would not get far if we said we did it ourselves.

An authorised signature comes from someone who has trained or been give the authority to act in said profession.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2007, 01:08 PM
as i said there for MY records only.
borzoimom
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-06-2007, 01:13 PM
I see alot of posts referencing if giving their own vaccines is "illegal" or "legal"..
IN the states it is legal, but not recommended. When I went to pick up Zubin, the breeder gave the vaccine puppy shot to Zubin. When I took Zubin to our vet when we got home, my vet said " well how do I know the pup got the vaccine without a vet signature?". I said " I was standing right there, and the breeder stated that the first two vaccines were given at her vets to see if there was a reaction. He looked at me and rolled his eyes! He said " for our records, we are recording he has only had 3 vaccines- the first two by a vet, and the one he will have in 3 weeks. He said that would show on our records he was NOT properly vaccinated as I ( the vet) and the manufacture of the vaccines are responsible for the vaccines " quality".
At first I was a little insulted, but I can see his point in the matter... If Zubin had contracted like parvo- there would question on what happened and at whos fault etc..
I use vaccine time as really more of a physical exam more than anything. And as stated- i do not have EKG equipment etc to be able to see if something was wrong to catch the condition early enough to insure the health of my dogs..
jackpat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2007, 04:10 PM
Ohh dear it seems I have opened a can of worms! Everyone has obviously done their research on this topic now and know where they stand legally.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2007, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by jackpat View Post
Ohh dear it seems I have opened a can of worms! Everyone has obviously done their research on this topic now and know where they stand legally.
Its a very important can of worms which was right to be opened
The conflicts of opinion on even whether its legal to vaccinate ones own dogs or not will probably lead to lots of readers asking their own vets about it now which all adds to individual and combined knowledge so that can only be a good thing
Page 6 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 >