View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-09-2005, 03:23 PM
Khera goes out in all weather. Snow, rain, hail, wind, storm! If anything i think really hot weather is worse for a dog although Khera doesn't even seem to mind that. At the end of the day dogs still need exercise.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2005, 03:55 PM
I'm an all weather dog walker, they don't care and I don't care, I'm used to a lot of mud and rain and so is Cassie from my horsey days, there was no getting round it then, so I'm happy to go out in it now - dressed appropriately of course!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2005, 04:09 PM
the only time i hate walking is in high bitter winds......not sure who's eyes water most mine or the dogs....brrrrrr ...the girls cringe at the door as if to say put the fire on mum we'll stay home ........
mustards mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-09-2005, 04:31 PM
My old Dobe hated the rain and I mean HATED so I would avoid taking him out when it was tipping down and got very good a predicting the weather and I can now "feel" whether we are likely to have rain

Of course we did get caught out at times, one time it started to bucket down and although I turned and headed straight for home my Dobe was so upset that he cried really loudly the 5-6 mins back, we had to walk past a busy bus stop on the way and the looks I got as he cried his heart out; they obviously thought I was being very cruel

So with my new boy I have been making a real effort to ensure that he isn't scared of the rain, during the thunder storms the other evening we sat out on the back step, I had my arms round him as we watched the thunder and lightening and got very wet........... I think my neighbours were thinking about getting on the phone to the men in white coats though
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2005, 04:52 PM
yep - Bruno is a wimp and doesnt like the rain - he is like teagan-heather - if we are out and it starts he walks extra fast to get home - and if it is raining he will if desperate go for toilet but then wants to come straight back in again. He does have a rain coat and a warm coat as his belly gets icecold in the winter due to having practicaclly no fur on it - also in really cold weather his back legs arent great due to his hip dysplacia so I dont make him go out !!

he is defintely a cuddle under the blanket dog in cold weather !! and that suits me just fine !! LOL
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2005, 04:52 PM
Well, we haven't actually started walkies yet but when we do - so long as I can get her out of the door we'll be going in all weathers.

When it's very hot, we'll cut them short and make sure she gets lots of suncream! Dals get sunburn on their noses bless em!

She hates the rain though strange for a dal (especially one that's been in an outside pen at Kady's!) I try to take her out for the loo and she whines at the door, then she bombs to her usual spot, pees as fast as she can and bombs back into the house shaking herself off!

Now what was that about dallies loving rain and mud?!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-09-2005, 05:09 PM
I love walking in the rain.......nobody about, infact I love walking in the winter much more than the summer, even have waterfroof coats for my 2 incase it is to wet and cold...... they are not much to impressed though!
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2005, 06:08 AM
We´re out in rain, snow, storms, whatever
We even work in all weather I´m cruel I know
Ruthlynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2005, 06:25 AM
Murph's pretty easy going and if it's pouring he'll look at the rain, then look at OH, who walks him now!! He will go out if he has to though.
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

12-09-2005, 08:51 AM
All weather walker, that's me. Still learning about Barney as we've only had a couple of days when it's poured. Splashing through the puddles and leaping over them - makes it more entertaining

Must remember to take my camera with me everyday - sometimes see something that would make a good photo.

Don't like walking in the dark too much.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >