Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2012, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by NOUSHKA05 View Post
well at least you admit they use snares ...ive been in my vets when a badger was brought in rescued from a snare which had snared it around its middle! they didnt expect the poor thing to survive...anyone who uses these are scum of the earth!
Totally agree.
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2012, 07:03 PM
It says we can't find that page. Is there something specific.

The GWCT may be doing a lot for the game industry, but you really can't deny the good they do, or the SCIENTIFIC, published, research they undertake.

I personally can't see how Animal Aid can even be compared to them.

Helen
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2012, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
Do they?

Helen
So it would seem

http://raptorpersecutionscotland.wor...ollow-victory/
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2012, 07:07 PM
I would rather have foxes lamped and shot quickly and cleanly with a high calibre rifle (if they absolutely MUST be controlled) over snaring or trapping any day.
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2012, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
So it would seem

http://raptorpersecutionscotland.wor...ollow-victory/
I was actually referring to a post about poisoning foxes, whcih is something that i don't think goes on. The post seemed to say it was a regular occurence.

Persecution of raptors is a whole other debate!!

Helen
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-09-2012, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
So do I ... I come from a background of hunting, fishing and shooting, and, going back to my youth, I knew very well the local gamekeeper. We used to drink with him in the local, and his wife worked for my mother. To the great annoyance of the local Master, he would shoot foxes, use snares, back then buzzards were almost extinct, but had there been any he would definitely have destroyed nests. Gamekeepers were at least partly responsible for the huge decline in buzzards and other birds of prey (for obvious reasons). Today, they seem to be far more enlightened I am pleased to say.

not so on Englands grouse moors im afraid Gnasher

http://www.rspb.org.uk/Images/PeakMa...cm9-132666.pdf

Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-09-2012, 07:21 PM
It says we can't find that page. Is there something specific.

The GWCT may be doing a lot for the game industry, but you really can't deny the good they do, or the SCIENTIFIC, published, research they undertake.

I personally can't see how Animal Aid can even be compared to them.

Helen
try this.. its undercover footage of all the vile cruelty that goes in in the shooting industry, not just to the game birds but to the animal they ruthlessly kill to protect their 'targets'!

jeeze no AA can Never be compared to an organisation based around cruelty to animals can it

that link wouldnt open either, i dunno why, but its on here 3rd link down http://animalaid.org.uk/h/n/CAMPAIGNS/pheasant/ALL/// ..'the trouble with shooting'
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2012, 07:23 PM
Still can't see it. Is there something specific you are wanting me to watch?

Helen
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2012, 07:26 PM
I was actually referring to a post about poisoning foxes, whcih is something that i don't think goes on. The post seemed to say it was a regular occurence.

Persecution of raptors is a whole other debate!!

Helen
If you read the article that I linked to, a Carbofuran-poisoned fox was found. I am not saying it happens regularly - but it does happen.
Tarimoor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-09-2012, 07:26 PM
Both of the links provided are nothing to do with foxes, they relate to poisoning raptors, something again, I do not agree with.

However, I will also provide the counter argument, that there is no control of numbers for some breeds of raptors, buzzards and sparrowhawks are two species which have made a very successful come back, and are now in such high numbers in *some* areas, that they are a nuisance. Anyone who loves garden birds knows what a bl**dy nuisance sparrowhawks can be, and as much as I love seeing buzzards, numbers are unsustainably high in some areas. Unfortunately, although it's perfectly legal to apply for a licence to control some species of birds of prey, not one licence has been granted over a number of years. So despite the threat to other bird species, and the detrimental effect they can have on businesses, there is no method of control for anyone in areas where they have a negative effect.

As much as I do not agree with people resorting to *other* methods of control, I do not agree with the moritorium on control methods for successul raptor species, where they are having a negative impact on their immediate surroundings.
Page 21 of 31 « First < 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 > Last »