Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2005, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star
It is supposed to be a very healthy way of losing weight and is used by diabetics. It is all about eating foods that release energy slowly rather than quickly so that you don't get huge peaks and troughs in blood sugar, which causes hunger and over eating. You are aiming to keep your blood sugar levels stable.
Eg if you eat a choccie bar your blood sugar will rise very quickly but will drop very quickly too, leaving you tired and hungry.
Thanks lucky star, my brother and sisters are all diabetic so will have to sugest it to them if it might help.
gigi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-07-2005, 10:04 AM
Just to let you know that the diet does work, but you have to keep to it practically the rest of your life only allowing yourself naughty bits here and there.
I lost 20kg on it over a 1 year period
It's great and it makes you feel extremely healthy. It makes you realise the ammount of junk that you eat and also that you will never want to touch again. Trust me i was a 1 a day chocolate bar person now i will just have a tiny square to quench my craving
geordieboxerlover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-07-2005, 10:07 AM
1 a day!!!
make that 5 a day for me
gigi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-07-2005, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by geordieboxerlover
1 a day!!!
make that 5 a day for me
LOL seriously you enjoy it more if you eat one little piece every once in a while. Trust me i still have to control myself on the chocolate department but it tastes so good when i do have it! BLISS....
Getting a craving now MAKE IT GO AWAY!
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2005, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by Dinahsmum
It's fantastic
Not so much a diet more a change in the way you eat - does that make sense?
Flab just melts away effortlessly and you never feel hungry!
can it really be that easy ?
gigi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-07-2005, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by nemosmummy
can it really be that easy ?
Actually if you put your mind to it, it really is! You really start to enjoy what you are eating and it becomes part of everyday life. There are really not very many restrictions which is the great thing about this diet! As long as you balance things the right way you can practically eat whatever u want!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2